Monday, February 26, 2007

Name That Baby


My little baby sister is preggers, that's right I'm gonna be an uncle again. Actually it's pretty exciting but being close to my sister particularly at this time has made me realize something I never thought of - what do you name your child? For some reason all of my other friends either had no problem naming their kids or I just wasn't involved in the process, but this time around I'm hearing all the trouble that goes into finding the perfect name for a little guy who's going to be called that for the rest of his life. But even more importantly, it's a name I'm going to have to use for the rest of MY life. At least she found out what sex the baby will be so we can at least narrow it down to a boy's name, but since the actual name is still up in the air I thought I'd invite you all to start to giving your ideas - I'm sure she'll love it. A lot of mine have already been shot down and I suppose it's a good thing she isn't having a girl since I'd call her Ciji no matter what her mother named her. So as of right now, Evan is a big runner and her husband is Matthew so that's always in the running as are Jonathon (named after his father) and James (named after our father) so what can you guys come up with? For some reference here is a list of names already rejected - Jared, Jake, Jacob, Dexter (my favorite), Desmond (Des), Logan, Lucas, Luke and a whole bunch more, but come on give it your best shot - who ever gets the winning name will get a prize. Either a picture of me and the baby or a Swivek CD - your choice!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At Monday, March 5, 2007 at 12:13:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shouldn't she name it after you?

I always liked Aiden, but now I have bad associations, and I'm afraid the baby would grow up to be a slut.

Ummmm....that's hard. I'd probably name my kid Damien or something associated with evil. Which is why everyone should be happy I'm not reproducing.

Congrats to Denise, btw - that's pretty exciting news :)

 
At Tuesday, March 6, 2007 at 2:28:00 PM PST, Blogger swivek said...

That's funny that you liked Aidan cuz that is how I first heard they were having trouble naming the kid. She called me because she couldn't find the Carlton Heights script and knew there was a name in there she really liked it.. guess what it was...

 
At Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 7:18:00 PM PDT, Blogger Luther said...

Well I like Luther.. I get compliments on it all the time. Or Monty or Trent, or Will (because it has a positive disposition), well that's all I can think of right now. If none of those, I'd go for Evan, I would have selected Aidan but its hard to say Aiden if you have congestion or allergies in the springtime.--Trust me I just tried it.

 
At Thursday, March 29, 2007 at 5:02:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't pick Zion, that one has been used...ha ha! I like Christian Blue, but it depends on his last name. Might not blend well. Tia was going to be Hunter Christian, so glad she was a girl...:)

 
At Saturday, March 31, 2007 at 8:37:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Bennett or Lenny? They have a nice ring to them. Ha! Ha!
- Pam (Bennett) Spankowski

 
At Sunday, April 1, 2007 at 3:11:00 PM PDT, Blogger Monica said...

Congats to Denise, How exciting. How about Cameron and a middle name starting with a "J" and call him "CJ" for short. Maybe even use Uncle Brad's middle name or your Dad's to make it personal to the family that touching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home