Tuesday, January 31, 2006

CAMPUS LADIES



I was flipping through channels the other night when I came across Oxygen - Oprah's more worldly version of Lifetime TV for Women and Gay Men, when I stumbled on a little gem called Campus Ladies. A tale of two 40 year old housewives and their life as freshmen at University Of the Midwest. The episode I saw was entitled "All Nighter" and the girls had made a horrible enemy with their Women In American History professor and were forced to stay up all night (thanks to some nifty little pep pills from Iran) to work on an oral presentation.

It is frickin' hilarious - its like a toned down Midwest hybrid of Cybill and Ab Fab with a little Strangers With Candy thrown into it. I think all will love it. I know I fell in love immediately with the cast, the show, all of it. It's fricking hilarious and I highly recommend all to watch. In fact tomorrow night starting at 10 PM (Pacific time) Oxygen is airing all the episodes that have aired thus far - since its January 8th debut. I recommend you watch this, and for those who know me and my best pal Lisa Glassford - I can't help but notice a little bit of us in these ladies - not sure what that means, but I know I like it!

Here's a little synopsis from the official website at where you can even see deleted scenes - too Midwest for airing!

Campus Ladies follows Joan & Barri, two middle-aged housewives who decide it’s better to be a freshman at 40 than unhappy housewives forever. Ditching the suburban life of minivans and malls for keg stands and co-ed dorms, Joan and Barri enroll in school in search for the wild college years they missed the first time around. Throughout the ten half-hour episode series, the co-eds take on the fictional University of the Midwest (UMW) with wild naiveté and optimism, gliding through the raunchiest of situations with cheerful abandon.

Campus Ladies is based on characters created by comediennes Carrie Aizley (Joan) and Christen Sussin (Barri) while performing with the famous comedy troupe, The Groundlings.

The series is executive produced by Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm), Carrie Aizley, Christen Sussin, Paul Young, Peter Principato and co-executive producer E. Brian Dobbins of Principato-Young Entertainment (Reno 911).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home