Monday, October 09, 2006

The Tower Falls


I can't even believe the news I recently heard - it's so tragic, I just want to cry. Awhile ago I read that Tower Records, the chain store was in bankruptcy and unless a buyer showed up they were going to close the stores. This may not seem like a big deal to all of you, but I live just a block away from the Tower Records on Sunset Boulevard, a store I've seen in films and on TV for years, a store where Axl Rose used to work as a clerk; a store where I met Dolly Parton and Cyndi Lauper, where I would walk to every Tuesday for the latest and greatest, that I would visit after getting my hair cut up the street by Miss Maria; a store that also had a video chain a block away where I would buy everything I ever wanted. Now this landmark is gone. That's right, Tower Records never found a buyer and last Friday after two months of fake promises, an auction was held and everything is being liquidated; Tower Records is no more and most importantly, Tower Records on Sunset Boulevard will probably end up being one more high rise condominium blocking up traffic on the Sunset Strip! I think I am going to cry now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home