Monday, March 05, 2007

Sundays In La La Land

Sundays are supposed to be calm and sleepy but not when you live the life of a Bradley. It is so exciting living my life sometimes, it's at these special times when things are going so fast and furious I like to share a bit with my friends, family and complete strangers who drop by here every once in a while. So the past few weeks have been pretty hectic, a few Sundays ago we had brunch at Barney's Beanery with our old pal director Quinten Tarentino*

Then, last Sunday was the Oscars so for the week before all of Hollywood Boulevard by the Kodak Theater was blocked off. After winning my Oscar for the Most Believable Portrayal of a Midwesterner, Alf and I decided we were much too tired to hit the party scene, even though Elton John's Big Event is held at Morton's just down the street - we were just too tired. **

And then this Sunday, before I even had my clothes on there was a knock on the door as West Hollywood Mayor John Heilman came a knockin' to sit down and chat with the Leivas and me. After all we are practically West Hollywood royalty and our vote can make or break a politician in our little city. There is a vote tomorrow on 3 of the 6 city council members, all who rotate into mayor for a while and the biggest concern and headache for everyone here is remodeling apartments and old houses into mult story condos no one can afford. Alfred knew I had such concerns so after he let the politician in, he ran to the bedroom where as I said, I was naked, to tell me John was there. I tell you, it's just like me to be naked around a politican. I'm such a walking soap opera. So, I talked with the man, who incidentally has been on the city council since the city's inception in 1984 and was one of the men who turned the town into it's own city. He told me a few things I wanted to hear, and most importantly something I needed to hear - that my apartment building couldn't be turned into a condo very easity - first, there's no outside access from the apartments (i.e. no balconies etc.) and the parking isn't up to par for a condo and the building owner would need an 80% approval from its residents to convert. I think I may vote for this man, the other two he endorses, I'm still not so sure about. Politics are hard!***


Then after schmoozing with the city elite, the Leivas and I took in a little movie at the Arc Light in Hollywood with our old friend Ben from Queer As Folk. As I am so busy and selfish, I can never remember his real name so I just call him Ben from Queer As Folk - he likes that.****

and that's been my last few Sundays, what have you all been up to?



* Actually, Mr. Tarentino was in the booth next to us yacking it up with some chick - he didn't even pick up the Carlton Heights script I threw at him.
** 1. This is a real Oscar I'm holding - and it's frickin' heavy 2. I didn't win it nor was I able to take it home 3. Hollywood & Highland had a room dedicated to the Oscars and you could pick one up and take your pic with it. All the actual Oscars that were presented were there in a big case.
*** The mayor of West Hollywood really did come to visit. This is the only completely true story of the bunch.
**** We did go see a movie Happy Feet - which was awesome- Patrick, you would love it! The penguins use 'heart songs' to find each other and it's a bunch of 70's and 80's meshed together, and yes Ben was there but I don't know him and he didn't talk to us even after I threw a copy of Carlton Heights at him.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Monday, March 5, 2007 at 12:09:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are so fancy, what with all the celebrity hanging-out. As for CH - perhaps if you put it in a vodka bottle before chucking it at people, they would pick it up - and once they read it, I know they'll be sold (although Quentin might want you to add a tad bit more violence).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home