Thursday, June 14, 2007

So You Think / Swivek Pick

My favorite summer series and the only Reality show I really watch - So You Think You Can Dance returned a few weeks ago and as of last night we are officially out of the auditions and the top 20 have been picked. Not too many dancers stand out as much as they did last year but it is pretty early in the competition and it's hard to get to know them this early. But that doesn't mean I don't already have some favorites.




My two favorites came from two reasons, 1. The boy Cameron is hot with his punk hair (the picture doesn't do justice) and because 2. Last night his partner Lacey (who happens to be last year's winner Benji (the homo) little sister) did an awesome Mia Michaels choreographed contemporary piece that was definitely the highlight so they totally have my vote. The whole routine was incredible and beautiful done to a fairly cool ballad "Dancing" by Elisa which I have to track down...


Though in second place were two interesting characters Jesus and B-Girl Sara who took a super cool Broadway type of dance style and told this whole vagabond story that had me loving every single second.. You guys have got to watch this... Tonight, two of the dancers are getting booted and based on last night's performances it's really a crap shoot as to who will go - first off, the lowest rated dancers are signalled out - that is the viewing audience calls in and votes for dancers in pairs then the dancers with the lowest votes have to dance for their lives and then the judges have final call eliminating one boy and one girl from there - everyone was so good last night, I can't even imagine who will get the boot... though I'm thinking lowest calls might be for Fania, a Russian dancer who is the sister of someone booted off last year and comes off kind of pretentious but as for the boy, I'm not sure... don't worry I'll keep you posted...

And in other news, it's time for Thursday's Swivek Pick Of The Week - this week we have one of my favorite Swivek songs - "What Do You Think About That" from the 2005 album Army Fatigue, which was my rocky attempt at being political and pissed off, most of the songs had some theme of war, guns, politics and government and though it didn't seem to raise as much interest as I had originally planned I think it's a great album.

The song's lyrics were actually written in 1994 and it was a sort of coming out song if you will and I finally got to make it ten years later, that's right world I'm gay! Plus it's got a cool little rocking vibe to it. So without further ado:

Swivek - What Do You Think About That

You can also still download the entire Army Fatigue album for FREE! That's right it's free at Flexible Records. You'll love it.

What Do You Think About That lyrics:
Hey little world
What you wanna tell me
Who you wanna sell me
Is this in the best interest for you or me?

Hey little world
Telling me who to be, what to see
How to feed, I need to breed
Oh no, oh no

Sugar coated lies and a politician's eyes
On a rampage for the American dream
I'll cut out the eyes and I'll break all the ties
I'm gonna be me
What Do You Think About That?

Hey little man
You gonna tell your mother
You gonna tell your father
Maybe your life is best confided to a brother

Hey little man
You gonna tell them who you are,
You gonna tell them what you are
They know you go fast but do they know how far
Keep it safe and play it straight
And let your lazy head spin

You cannot wait and it's so very late
And this is how you're gonna live
What Do You Think About That?

Not everyone will be
What the majority wants to see
Vagrant, stagnant, human magnet
It's all the same
Deviant, malevolent
Taking the core right out of it
The American way….

Hey mom and dad,
What you gonna tell the family?
What do you think about society?
How did your world fit in for me?
Hey mom and dad,
Tell who I ought to be
Tell what I ought to see
Tell me not to be me
Oh no, oh no

Federal laws and barroom brawls
And worlds of people you don't understand
Half a city sleeps while half a city weeps
And the world jerks off the dick in its hand
What Do You Think About That?

Copyright © 2005 Bradley Jacobson/
Buzzee Bee Bop Tunes (ASCAP)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home