Monday, December 10, 2007

The Big Harry Whore

Okay the whore part of the title does not refer to my idol of all idols - Miss Deborah Harry but rather another being that I met during my excursion of attitude and bliss that is more commonly known as Friday.

So with great anticipation and a bit of cotton mouth the Leivas and I met by pals Luther and Sean at the Henry Fonda Theater - now Music Box for what I like to think of as a once in a lifetime extraoridanaire concert. My girl Deborah selling her shizz and rocking out to her solo songs all for the love of her fans. Let me tell you I was so excited and she was so frickin' brilliant! She looked fab, she sang fab, she frickin sang "Rush Rush" and "The Jam Was Moving" so let me just say how stoked I was.

Somewhere pictures may exist of the blissful night since my pal Sean did get kicked out of the theater missing two songs - all because he snuck in his camera! For shame. For the record, Deb did in fact do some Blondie songs though I don't think she wanted to as she said they gave her the gig only if she promised to do some Blondie songs so she sent most of her band backstage and took up with an acoustic guitarist and did "The Tide Is High" and "Heart Of Glass" before bringing the band back and doing her own solo material. I loved it! Have I ever told you how much I love this girl?

Anyhoos, so the show rocked then it was off to the Spotlight - seedy International of Hollywood if you will, which means of course I love it. Also I might add here that I was already pretty toasted having had a number of $10 Captain And Cokes, so by the time we got to the Spot I was a little sassy.

I bought more drinks, I talked with the owner Don who is this little old man who sits in the corner every single night cause well, he can. Then as the night wore on and I got even more trashed my mouth ran and ran. The Spotlight has a reputation for being the home of a number of street hustlers - now I'm not sure the patrons are all whores anymore but when someone starts talking to me or someone in my group I just have to wonder - are they whores?

So when I came back from smoking and there was a guy talking to Sean, Luther and the Leivas I had to wonder - "is this guy a whore?" Now I'm not being judgemental I'm all about providing a service for someone willing to pay for it, but still I'm always curious... so I asked, "Hey are you a whore?"

Now this is where the story veers - one side veers into how I remember it, and the other is how The Leivas remembers it - to him, the whole bar went dead silence and everyone became uncomfortable - to me, I believe everyone was just curious as they too were wondering if he was a whore. The guy denied being a whore and I was all fine with that but my boyfriend would not let it go insisiting I was going to get my ass kicked and I should really learn to be quiet.

Now the would be whore began apologizing and again our two versions veer off - I heard, "I'm sorry if I was offensive..." The Leivas heard, "I'm sorry you offended me..." something he insists the would be whore kept saying. Apparantly when I'm in said situation I can't depend on my man to defend my honor - or big mouth. Instead he is just left feeling uncomfortable and waiting for me to get my ass kicked.

I informed him all the way home and even after we got home that I have a big mouth, I say very inappropriate things and will more than likely continue to do so. I went so far in fact to say I believe that is one of the things people like about me. It's certainly one thing I like about myself. Plus when you do have a big mouth and you're sure you are going to use it, I always make sure I'm nearest the exit than the person I'm talking to, you know just in case I got to book my ass out of there.

Needless to say, my worry warted husband did not find any of it amusing and will probably not accompany me to the next big outing to the Spotlight - but that's okay cause then I know he will be at home waiting by the phone should I need him to come pick me up from the hospital.

And that was my Friday - how was yours? Oh and for the record even the Leivas thinks the guy was a whore!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Monday, December 10, 2007 at 7:33:00 PM PST, Blogger Devin Tait said...

Ha! Glad you loved the Deborah show as much as I did! I blogged about it as well. Also that sounds like a good time at the Spotlight - it's no fun unless something a little scandalous happens! Actually I have a rule about not going there - it's a long story, but I haven't been there for almost 5 years!

 
At Wednesday, December 12, 2007 at 1:32:00 AM PST, Blogger OrangeTV said...

A) He WAS a whore.
B) Keep ON with yr big mouth grrl, exactly fu.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home