Monday, August 17, 2009

Little Missives

Well hello all - I know I haven't written anything or posted for weeks upon weeks but I am trying to get back into writing and figured the best way to do that is start posting on my own blog.. so Bradley's Buzz is back!

I have to tell you the life of a Bradley in La La Land can be quite exciting. This weekend was a frickin' hoot from start to finish. On Friday I whipped up a few Captain & Cokes and some compilation CD's for my pal Jamie who was celebrating her birthday. One of the mixes I came up with was all supposed to feel like a day of summer, starting with songs about summer, water and heat and going into some nighttime dancing songs so it was a day of summer (titled "Water Sports") but while listening to it, I realized the whole thing told this kind of story and I have now decided to write a play or screenplay using all the songs as the main storytelling device - entitled "Tragic Surf" (after a Motels song) I think it could be an Across The Universe meets Valley Girl type of thing.. I'm actually pretty excited to start working on it.

Then on Saturday, the Leivas and I headed to Temecula to visit his aunt Nida who is 97 and something of a pistol - then we headed to the O.C. (I know what a life I have) for Jamie's birthday party where I laughed and laughed so hard I made other people practically pee their pants.

Finally, my Sunday was filled with my new BFF Kristin who hails from that holy land of the Midwest. She is a frickin' riot and loves to drink - who doesn't love that. She came over the hill from Sherman Oaks, and we headed to Eleven for mimosas and brunch. The Leivas liked her so much he thought she could handle the responsibility of getting me home if he left us to go to the grocery store - that says something since there are friends I've had for years Leivas is leery to leave me with...

After Eleven, we headed to the pool and the Leivas brought us more mimosas. Then after a little break and wee nap - my pals Dylan and Devin brought us dinner and we watched two episodes of "True Blood" (so frickin' good) -

And that my friends is My Life in La La Land -

aren't you glad I'm finally back and rambling?

Anyway, to keep tradition as it is, here's our Monday Random Photo - Kristin and I wetting our whistles (if you will and I know you will)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home