Tuesday, August 02, 2011

To The Meat


About a week ago I got a twitter from THE STRANGER PAGE, a video company that makes fun and exciting and somewhat odd little videos. One of the guys from the group actually directed Devin Tait & The Traitors' "Alien Nation" video. Anyhoos its, the tweet was asking if I did any acting and if I'd be interested in being a Meat Clown for their latest video. Well I have done acting and I just finished two rounds of classes at The Groundlings and I have never ever been asked to be a Meat Clown so of course I said "Hells yes."

Wednesday night I got a call asking if I wanted to come go to North Hollywood on Thursday to film the video, so I of coursee said, "Hells yes." I drove to North Hollywood with all my classic Groundlings training not sure what was going to happen.

As it turns out, it was hella fun. I did my own make up, the guys brought me a bunch of yellow balloons with smily faces I opted to call my meat minions and I just went with it. It was hella fun and I think I did really well.

The drive home however was beseiged with problems. As I turned off the street to go left where I knew the 101 was, there in front of me was a tree laden boulevard so I had to turn right. Then the roads all went off into five different ways. I totally got lost. I tried to use my phone's GPS but that bitch takes a lot of battery power and I was waiting for a call from Rob about happy hour. Plus she wanted me to take a freeway I was not familiar with.

Eventually I came across Laurel Canyon Boulevard. I got to the light, I looked to the left and saw Valley and I looked to the right and I saw the Hills. I headed right and back to America.

As for the video itself, it's just a series of random videos poking fun at the late night local commercials, in this case discount meat. So coming shortly tomorrow (Wednesday) will be Bradley Jacobson as Meat Clown! I know you can't wait.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Thursday, August 18, 2011 at 6:57:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Drone said...

Congrats on making it out alive! Those guys are CRAZY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home