Thursday, April 19, 2007

For your viewing pleasure

It's been a bit of stressful week for me so to numb the pain, yes I said the pain of my life, I am opting to head back to the 80's and a few of my favorite ladies... and why don't you join me...


Let's stop at 1980 and venture with Donna Summer as she becomes The Wanderer in all it's new wave glory, and if anyone can tell me what she's wearing on her head under those headphones I'd be much obliged....


then we travel to 1982 with Kim Wilde and her journey through her new wavey version of Cambodia....



before heading to a stop I so love - on March 27th, the goddess that is Stevie Nicks released Crystal Visions - a new best of collection that is so incredible that I didn't even know it was out. But as I stood in line at Amoeba Records last weekend there it was egging me on with its $27 price tag, but hey not only do you get 16 classic Stevie cuts including the original version of Silver Springs with Fleetwood Mac, but a remix of Dreams, two live performances with the Melbourne Orchestra and her big hits, you also get the DVD with 13 classic Stevie videos (and commentary)

including the original version of "Stand Back" which you can see here - on You Tube.



and finally a boost me up wouldn't be complete without some Lisa Hartman so here you can see two of her classic 80's performances both filmed for Knots Landing -the first is a practical video for her great "New Romance" (just look at those shorts, if I ever find me a pair you can bet your sweet ass I'm wearing them everywhere - hey I live in West Hollywood it won't be that shocking) and a second video of Lisa singing Corey Hart's "Never Surrender" in all her 1985 glory..



enjoy the trip , I know I am...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home