Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Wonder Love Wonder Site

Last week I posted about my undying affection for Cheryl Ladd, and as much as I love that blonde angel, there is one 70's icon that takes her place as my ultimate favorite. Lynda Carter will always be Wonder Woman to millions and millions and it's so hard to even conceive that someone else would be able to play the superhero, which is why I think the movie idea has always been pushed back. I mean firstly how does one bring Wonder Woman to the big screen and how do you find someone to fill that suit the way Lynda did?

As a kid I loved Wonder Woman, okay as an adult I love Wonder Woman, I even have the DVD sets and love watching them. I saw all of Lynda Carter's variety specials in the 80's and constantly am on the internet scouting out to find them on DVD and to find her album Portrait. That's right the girl made an album too. In her defense, she was a singer prior to the landing of WW so it made sense she'd want to make an album.

I even owned the poster you see here, it is apparantly the biggest seller ever even outselling Farrah's nipple pic. Lynda won an award for the biggest selling poster of 1978 for the thing. I loved all of her TV movies including The Last Song (which I own on DVD) and the excellant Stillwatch (1987) which had three things going for it - Lynda, Angie Dickinson and it was based on a Mary Higgins Clark novel. Then her 1984 TV series Partners In Crime with Loni Anderson had this pre pubescent boy glued to my TV set on Saturday nights.

Anyway, to reiterate I love Lynda and am always looking for stuff about her. So imagine my ultimate shock when I hit the motherlode and found a website that had somehow eluded me all of these years. The Wonderland Site is dedicated to Lynda with a ton of pictures, videos of her work including her variety specials! and downloads of her frickin' songs. You know a Bubbatunes is on its way.

For anyone who loves Lynda, Wonder Woman or pure kitch, I highly suggest you bop over to for a look - you'll be left in pure wonderment.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home