Monday, April 02, 2007

The Artist Soon To Be Known As...

Ever since the Leivas informed that I could not paint our living room walls and I would be forced to stare at white walls for the rest of my life, I decided I was going to take up painting. Two years ago I told my little sister and she sent me some little canvases to get started with, then last Christmas I bought myself a whole painting kit with both water color and oil paints. Then the Leivas bought me an easel, he was all set to buy one that cost about $200 until I reminded him that these aspirations of mine come and go and perhaps we should just buy a $30 one until I make up my mind if I want to be the next Picasso.

But since I finally finished up the last two episodes of Carlton Heights (more on that later) I thought it was time to go back to the painting idea. I figure I don't have to be too talented to do what I want to do which is just a plain canvas with a bunch of color painted on it - no Warhol-esque murals of me and the Leivas or anything like that (not yet anyway).

To show the Leivas I do have some experience in this department, I pulled out the one and only painting I've ever done in my life. My mommy paints and one day she had her paints and easel out and I figured - hey I can do that too so I picked up the brush and searched deep in my soul to paint a city scape from a balcony. I thought it only right that I should share it with you - so without further ado, I give you Painting 1 - I know my title leaves so much to the imagination. What was he thinking? What is he trying to say? Why does it look like it was painted by a 3 year old? Is that why it has such a simple name? Converse if you must.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home