Friday, December 21, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like.... Nada..

I love Christmas, be it the presents, the cheer, the spiked egg nog, the presents, the presents.. I'm not sure what it is but I love it. Only this year it doesn't feel like Christmas and I just don't get it. I spiked the nogg, I wrapped the presents, I sent out the presents, I decorated our tree, and I walk past the Christmas lights of the street poles and the bars as I venture to and from home, I listen to the songs over and over and still it just doesn't feel right. I mean the day is only three days away and today is my last at work before I head to a Christmas vacation, so what is wrong with the season?

Perhaps it's the fact that I have yet to get a box of presents myself, but that would make it a season about getting gifts instead of giving, and everyone knows I'm nothing if not a giver, so as I drink my Captain and Egg Nog, and head out into the blistery LA winter to finish shopping for my Leivas, and Chrissie Hynde spiritually sings my fav carol, "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas," I wonder what could put me in a more Christmas-y mood... I'm still a little sick with a cold so maybe that is my probs, maybe I just need a little cheering up so perhaps heading out to this event will do the trick... I'll let you know.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At Friday, December 21, 2007 at 5:07:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your package from me was shipped out on Tuesday so should arrive today or tomorrow, so there will be Brad presents under the tree soon!

Happy Christmas! Have some nog from me!

 
At Saturday, December 29, 2007 at 11:16:00 AM PST, Blogger swivek said...

Well as soon as I got home there were two huge boxes from my family plus 2 mail pick up post its from Amazon (thank U Amy!) so if my Christmas blues did have to do with not having presents under the tree - that prob was quickly rectified and XMas did come to the Bradley home- pictures to come - yay!

 
At Friday, January 4, 2008 at 4:22:00 PM PST, Blogger Brian said...

Sorry to be so dilatory in the mailing of your card, but it went out yesterday. Everything has been a bit of a whirl since I returned home. Let me know when it arrives. :)

 
At Friday, January 11, 2008 at 9:27:00 AM PST, Blogger swivek said...

Yeah I got your card - I got a lot of great stuff I'm going to blog about someday before next Christmas...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home