Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend Madness

Well I am officially off the hooch - that's right - I don't know when I will be drinking again, but as of right now, I might be happy never being anebriated again ...

What started out as a friendly brunch went spiralling out of control as I went from Eleven to Trunk's and even after my drinking pal Katie left me, I opted to make friends with all the guys who sit out front - every night when I walk home there is a group of guys always hanging out by the open window and now they know who I am so I may have to walk on the other side of Santa Monica from now on - just to avoid them - as I can't quite recall how big of an ass I was.. oh well.


Saturday was a big drinking day as well though it was a little more exciting than just getting wasted with strangers. The Leivas and I went to the matinee showing of The Who's Tommy and it was super good though the lead and the actor who played Cousin Kevin spit all the time - I felt bad for the actors standing next to them as I'm sure they were covered with spittle. The diva that is Nona Hendryx played Acid Queen and she was incredible!


Then my pal Devin had an extra ticket to the True Colors show and it was great. Cyndi Lauper, was of course amazing - Andy Bell was great - the B52's were loads of fun and I got hammered. But I guess it was all worth it - now if I can only make it through the day and walk past the bar without too much harassment it will all be okay - only 5 more hours to go until I can go back to bed! And that's life in La La Land ...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home