Thursday, June 12, 2008

It Starts With A C

I don't like to get too political - or at least not here on this little blog - but today I'm feeling a bit of an agenda - you see this morning I was listening to some news programs where a couple women were saying they were protesting all the sexism that went on during the Democratic debates of Obama and Hilary and so are thus supporting John McCain instead of the O - now I am all for protesting and the idea that sexism was involved seems important but do these women really think John McCain is less of a sexist than Obama? And do we all have to pay by having another Republican in office just cause Hilary wasn't the nominee?

Meanwhile news came out also that in some private confrontation in his home that John McCain called his wife a ... well I can't really say it... but in the words of Bette Midler, "it starts with a c ends with a t and it's 'cunt'" Now that seems a bit sexist to me... but whatever

Another meanwhile - my sister called me to inform me that our nephew is going into the Marines. My brother had told me Jared was thinking about it and I adamantly said I didn't think it was a good idea unless he really, really had a desire to be in the military - call me selfish but I'm terribly afraid they are going to ship his ass off to Iraq the minute he finishes basic training - but according to him he scored on the tests in the top 10% and the Marine dudes told him he had his choice of what he wanted to do - he wants to work on jets and planes so maybe we'll luck out. In good news about it all he will be in San Diego for training and that's only a couple hours from me - which means in even better news I practically have free passes to Fleet Week!

We are all proud of him but I can't help but be a tad scared as well though my bro insists Obama will be in office in January and the war will be over - since Jared goes in around February maybe we'll luck out.

Whew! All this politics talk got me going so for a cool down let's listen to one of MY favorite songs from one of MY favorite artists from one of MY best albums - Why it's Thursday's Swivek song - and this time we have a little sassy tune about politics from the Army Fatigue album (2005)



To download Swivek - Wasteland click here:
WASTELAND





Today's walk to work was sponsored (not by Swivek) but by:
Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Armed Forces


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home