Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Wedded Bliss

So Sunday my hubby and I skipped the big gang brunch and decided to spend the day together. We got up and headed to Hollywood for lunch at Shelly's Cafe on Hollywood Boulevard. I love hanging out there and even feel a little touristy though I've lived here for 11 years. After breakfast we walked around the boulevard until 12:30 when we headed to the Chinese Theatre to see the new (and final) Harry Potter movie. Alf got us tickets for the 3D version with a special DMX thing - which is the seat moves, shakes and vibrates during the movie so it feels like you're in on the action. So essentially the new Harry Potter movie moved me... literally.

After the movie we went to Best Buy and used my birthday gift certificate to buy Wipeout for the Kinect. We haven't played it yet but I Can not wait.

Then we headed home and decided to go down to Gym Sportsbar for a few drinks. A few turned into a lot more than expected. I spent the rest of the night smoking and drinking more while Leivas passed out on the sofa. I hopped on the horn and talked to pal Melsie for awhile and even spent some time hanging out with my neighbors in their apartment before I too decided it was time for bed.

Because of the few extra drinks the Leivas called into work on Monday so my housewife day was kind of put on hold - thank goodness. I woke up and had my coffee and listened to a really interesting documentary on Franklin Roosevalt that Alf had queded up on Netflix. When he woke up we watched the second part of the documentary. The way FDR was and what he went through is so reminiscent of what Obama is going through it was very strange. Not to mention FDR is the one who came up with social security and workers benefits. Needless to say the rich hated him even though he himself was rich. Sound familiar.

After that we spent the rest of the day on the sofa together watching movies and TV Shows. We went through "Stakeland" (pretty good), the latest "True Blood" (good), "Seeing Heaven" (god awful), then we headed to KFC for dinner. We brought it back and watched three episodes of "Nurse Jackie" - almost caught up to the finale.

Yes we are single handedly bringing down the sanctity of marriage - oh and boring my readers to tears I'm sure.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home