Friday, October 13, 2006

I Slave

When I first moved in with the Leivas, he had a roomate named Mark who lived in the spare room, but one glorious afternoon Mark moved out and I got a media room. Dubbed the "Pat Benatar/Debbie Harry" room for the tons of picture discs I immediately nailed to the wall. It was pure bliss. That is until one day we got a call from Alf's old pal Dave who had lived in West Hollywood but decided a move back home to Boston would be good for him. It wasn't and he needed a place to stay. So out of the kindness of my big blonde heart I gave up my room - kind of. I still had my computer in there and would spend countless hours working on stuff while Dave watched TV. Not a great situation but for some reason he ended up staying almost three years. Now I like Dave but I like a media room much better. So on July 4th, the Leivas decided to declare Independance Day and told Dave he should really look for a new place to live as we needed our time alone and since the Leivas is getting up there in years, we don't really like even the idea of having a roomate, it seems something one does in their 20s, which I'm still in but the Leivas isn't. Where was I?

Oh yes, so about four weeks ago I came home from work to find an envelope of keys and a letter for Alf, and best of all an empty room! I now have my media room back and couldn't be more excited. We have grand ideas for it, I want Brini Maxwell Thrift Store chic. Of course now we have a ton of work to do - we are painting the walls of the wet bar and decorating with some crazy cool little jewels, we need to shampoo the carpets, we need to redo the bathroom and we've been cleaning like mad. Now when I say we, I of course mean the Leivas. As he is prone to say, if you rearrange the letters in his name you get "I Slave" which is strange because no matter what he says when you rearrange the letters in Jacobson you do not get "Lazy Ass".

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 at 7:55:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! for getting your room back. I am so excited for you.

how are things? call me!

i miss you and nachos and beers so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home