Thursday, March 08, 2007

I'm Fine House You?

Well I decided the other day to take a plunge into the real estate world and see exactly what we were dealing with should the Leivas and I decide to buy a house in our humble neighborhood of West Hollywood. When I told the realtor I thought $500,000 was a tad steap seeing as it is a half a mil, he smiled, laughed and snorted wondering if I was half retarded so I told him to up the ante to $800,000 and broaden the search further East to include Hollywood so he sent me 12 houses and none of them kicked me in the head, though that's probably good since I don't really have 1/2 of 1/2 a mil but there were two I really liked - the one to the left is awesome inside, 3 bedrooms and 3 baths and a fireplace oh and a second story which I want, it also has a great yard and the other one looks like a Cinderella cottage so I frickin' love it - each of these houses are way east from where I want to be though; oh and they are both around $750,000 .. I know.

But in really exciting real estate news one of my favorite houses of all time is up for sale - no it's not a Knots Landing house - though Karen's five bedroom sold four years ago for $580,000 to give some perspective in what real estate has done - Instead I'm thinking futher east to a little city I used to live in - Mary Richards, Rhoda and Phyllis are all long gone and now the house they "lived" in is up for sale for a mere 3.5 million... I've been there (as you can see) and it's an awesome house, so please one of my old Minne pals buy it and invite me over for Christmas, I'll be there for sure! I just don't know which of the three I should buy. I did get my tax return.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Friday, March 9, 2007 at 12:41:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, if you moved to portland, you could get a great house for under $300K. And then, we could have drinks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home