Wednesday, March 07, 2007

True Stories

Ever wonder how and why the great little 80's anthem "Johnny Are You Queer?" got made or how and why the singer that made it so famous fell off the national radar - or even how such a song got airplay and what those original ramifications may have been? Of course you have and after all these years Josie Cotton wrote an excellant article about the subject for a magazine. You can read the article on her My Space space - the article titled "The Queer Story Of Josie & Johnny" is excellant reading... so check it out here!


In other news, I just finished reading up all about that sweet songstress known as Donna Summer in her autobiography Oridinary Girl - first and foremost I love biographies, particularly musicians and Tanya Tucker's Nickel Dreams remains one of my favs but Donna's was a bit on the boring side, I finished the 200 page book in 2 days as it was a bit light. She would touch on numerous subjects including what appears to be some reproductive problem and some stuff about homophobia and even a physical abuse but by the next paragraph she's off and running on another subject. I guess she didn't want to give too much detail but personally I could've used just a tad more. Tanya's was a little the same way though she did give us a bit more dirt but I still know Miss T sugarcoated a lot and I just found an unauthorized biography of Tanya that I'm going to pick up and leaf through - I'll let you know what they tell me...
and in final queer true stories - I am just a pub hair away (I know it's a gross saying but it makes me laugh and in fact my phrase is cleaned up from the one normally used by some of my pals) anyhoos, as I was saying the final touches are being put on the final episodes of Carlton Heights. Now before you get too excited let me just say that the final touches include massive editing and rewriting and the extreme nuisance of having to put the scripts away from sight for awhile so I can regroup - but before you know it the final 2 "Sweet Child O Mine" and "Backfired" will be completed and then I'm going to put them up on the internet as episodes - though where and when also remain a mystery right now...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Thursday, March 8, 2007 at 12:40:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so very excited for the last eps of CH!!! YAY!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home