Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Good Morning Angels

One of my all time favorite shows from when I was but a wee tyke is Charlie's Angels - I mean who doesn't love that show? Everyone who loves the show has a favorite Angel - most are Farrah fans with Jaclyn Smith right up there and then there's my ultimate favorite Cheryl Ladd. I love her, and did from the moment she strutted onto the show in its second season. I mean I even stole my cousin Paula's Cheryl Ladd doll - though my mother caught me as I stuffed it into my jacket. She always caught me doing that crap..

A few years ago when Charlie's Angels was finally released on DVD, I opted not to buy it as first I'm fairly frugal and second, I wanted to make sure the seasons with Cheryl were going to be released. So season 2 finally made its debut and I still didn't buy it cause the damn thing is expensive man - so I still don't own it but finally thanks to Amoeba and a $20 selling price I got my mugs on Charlie's Angels Season 3 which is of course with Cheryl, and it happens to be Kate Jackson's last season. My pal and partner in all that is 70's and 80's Jen came over last weekend and we watched a few episodes and realized how much we really love it.

Now if the seasons continue on DVD I will be in Angel Heaven - I really want season 5 because though it may be a strange choice, I really liked the final season with Tanya Roberts as Julie Rogers - she was street wise and hot, and her introduction in the first episode of season 5 is great - as for season 4 Shelley Hack has always been to me a bit of a, well hack. She's the lesser version of Priscilla Barnes and that's a strange thing to be. I still haven't found that elusive Charlie's fan who goes ape shizz crazy for Tiffany Welles, but something tells me he's out there (you know it's a boy)...

But the highlight of this rambling little ode to all that is Charlie's and Cheryl is this - the season 3 two part opener has the Angels headed to Vegas and as they all go undercover, they throw Kris Munroe (my Cheryl) into a gig as a singer. That's when I remembered that Cheryl had recorded a few albums in the 70's. She even scored a top 40 hit with "Think It Over", a very 70's adult contemp type of tune. I'm not even kidding when I say she was big in Japan.

Anyhoos, I thought it would be so cool to track down that song. Luckily for us all, Cheryl is an internet type of Angel and if you go to her official website, supposedly updated by the woman herself at her music page on www.cherylladd.com you can download 18 songs from her short career!
I just about fell over. Her singing voice is much deeper than I would've imagined - though the sound quality is a little off on some of them, never fear because you know there's a Bubbatunes mix with 'remastering' in the works... until then enjoy the sweet sounds of 70's (it's very Melissa Manchester-ish and not disco at all) including the ultimate highlight "Television"...

and if you really feel the need, let's talk Angels - who's your fav? Shelley Hack's stoney performance of Tiffany Welles???

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 28, 2007 at 12:22:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.k. this totally reminded that a trillion years ago Cheryl Ladd actually filmed part of her movie "Purple Hearts" at my brother's girlfriend's house and of course she got me an autograph! I'll have to dig it out cause I know I saved it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home