Thursday, June 21, 2007

Blah Blah Blah

I'm sure you all think I just sit around on my lazy ass and watch TV all night long with the Leivas, and for the most part you'd be correct, but every now and then I get a splurge of creative robust and I end up trying to go overboard getting a million projects started, put on hold, restarted and eventually finished. Well, after a few weeks of feeling kind of, well blah! I am in the beginning states of my take charge creative forces and with that I have a whole bunch of crap I am doing and want to do - this is where we break into bullet points - I know that's how crazy I am!

First - A new Swivek music collection is being tapped as we speak. I promised a single this summer and I plan on delivering it. The finishing touches are working well on "Flirt" though I'm still mixing up the arrangement a bit, but it's punky, bratty and fun, so I think you will all enjoy it. As for the b-side, that's an ongoing process; I have a few contenders but figure I still have a few weeks left. As for a complete album expect that sometime in the fall. So far there are about 12 songs started though only 4 are really grabbing me, but you never know how far a long week of Captain & Cokes and a microphone can do. So far titles include the aforementioned "Flirt", plus a cool new one I started working on last night called "Heartbeat", then there's "Love Me To The Bone", "Cruel", "Not A Love Song", "Deep Inside" and "It's Not That Easy" - all which are coming together to work perfectly for the title which is Into The Blue - expect a promo shot sometime soon
  • Swivek is on the Radio - In fact "Radio" is on the radio - internet radio that is. We submitted a few songs to Jack Kitty Records for their online radio show hosted by Sense In Common. We contacted the very talented Tyler Adam (check him out here) and he has included our songs on his rotation stating, "I'm feeling this music". So check out Jack Kitty Radio on Friday nights and listen for Swivek's "Radio", "Garboesque" and "You're Not The One."
  • Gee, I think I wanna be an actress part 1 - there is a new NBC show coming out that is basically a karaoke game where you have to finish singing the lyrics to the song. I have decided though I may end up looking like an ass, I'd kick myself if I didn't audition, so I took down their phone number and I'm going to give them a call. I could be on TV finally! Plus if all goes well, I could a) win money b) promote Swivek c) sell my scripts. I'm going to try and convince my pal Julie to go with me - though I don't think it's going to take all that much coaxing. To see what the show is all about or to even audition yourself here's their website: www.nbc.com/Casting
  • Gee, I think I wanna be an actress part 2 - I've always wanted to do improv, not be a stand up comic mind you but be in super hilarious little skits with other people and just wing it. When I was in college I was in a number of plays and one of them involved an actor who had different parts in the play, so while my character gave a speech he went off stage to change clothes, I was on stage with one other actor and had to adjust times for how long it took the guy to change clothes and reappear - so I learned how to improv and let me tell you by the end of the second night my little improvs were hilarious and probably got a bigger laugh than most of the play. So anyhoos, while watching Outfest - a stand up comic show on Logo (that follows the hilarious - usually hilarious - Big Gay Sketch Show), I saw the Gay Mafia. They did this great little rap song plus a few other tricks and skits, so I went to their website to see if they had anything of interest to me - you know like open auditions and the like and found out they do an improv workshop. I shot them an email and am now wringing my hands hoping to break into the biz of improv comedy. I mean I could end up a) earning some money b) getting on TV c) selling my scripts. No matter what I am pretty sure I'd be great. To check out the Gay Mafia here's their website http://www.thegaymafia.net/
  • Speaking of my scripts, we were weren't we? Tomorrow is episode 10 of Carlton Heights and the show is getting better and better, but with tomorrow's episode there are only 4 more episodes until the season is over. I know you're all just itching with anticipation and because of that, it has come to my attention a number of you think it would be a great idea to turn Carlton Heights into a radio show. Well, I have to agree so I am putting together a cast and we are going to start recording Carlton Heights as an internet radio show. Any takers? For a list of characters you can check out the Characters list on the website. You can also download all of the episodes so far, just to know what you're getting into. My hope is to have everyone together in a big room (my spare room) around a microphone (my computer microphone) just like in the olden days. Carlton Heights wouldn't be the first one to do this as there is a radio soap opera out there called Scripts and Scruples you should check out. Either way, I think it would be a lot of fun, but for those of you who want to play Dylan I think I'm already taking that part - after all as a would be actor, I really like to play against type and Dylan is so far removed from me, it would be a real stretch.
  • And finally in case you think I may have forgotten - today is Swivek's Pick of the Week - and this time around we are staying rather current by throwing a song from our last album onto the web. Darkness + Light was released last September and it's my favorite Swivek album to date, in fact I'm a tad nervous that I won't be able to improve upon it with my new release, but what can you do? So with the greatness that is Darkness + Light, I give you one of the first songs I wrote for the album, the gritty rock of "Power and Passion", a little backbeat of LA life and the powers that try to keep you down. I hope you enjoy it! Swivek - Power and Passion
  • and don't forget you can buy the whole Darkness + Light album at CD Baby! Just click the CD Baby link anywhere you see CD Baby. I mean Bradley has a new nephew to take care of, I could use some cash!
  • Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home