Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Happiest TV Viewers In The World

The Leivas and I spend many an hour in front of the old boob tube, okay in all honesty the Leivas watches what I believe to be every single television program on the air, but I usually end up on the sofa next to him for a variety of quality brad-like television viewing. So what am I watching this summer? Well let me tell you:

The most hilarious little tv show debuted on Logo a few weeks ago and I can't get enough of it. Rick & Steve - the Happiest Gay Couple In The World really have nothing on the Leivas & I but the show is a frickin' hoot. Rick and Steve and their pals - lesbian couple Kristen and her sardonic mullet topped girlfriend Dana, then there's Chuck in his wheelchair and his 19 year old twink boyfriend Evan. The main story comes about with Kristen wanting to get Rick to donate his goods so the gals can have a baby, after all "Conservatives and crack heads shouldn't be the only ones who can have a baby." There's some hilarious stuff and some parts that may not make everyone laugh but hey, I'm not everyone. One of my all time lines could've been said by me -
when the 19 year old twink says, "I'm on pins and needles,"
Dana pipes up, "Mostly needles, I'm sure."

Watch the first part and even more on You Tube if you can handle it.





Then there's the old stand by that just keeps getting better and better, the third season of So You Think You Can Dance, with Mary Murphy's dorky and endearing exclamations, Mia Michaels and Wayne Robson's faboo choreography and of course the great dancing. We are down to only 6 dancers and I'm so rooting for Sabre, the feisty little woman with the big afro and the amazing moves. Watch it tonight!



and finally I love me those karaoke shows - The Singing Bee is by far better than Don't Forget The Lyrics if only for the fact that DFTL is so tense. They make you wait for what seems like hours to get the answers to the song lyrics and it's basically a one person show with the singer singing and singing and Wayne Brady acting and acting. Hottie Joey Fontaine (never thought I'd ever say that) on The Singing Bee is a lot more fun to watch and it goes a lot faster - plus that is the show I may end up on any day now ... I'll keep you posted about open audtions, if only to let you know I need a ride to the studio.

So what are you kids watching, or do you have real lives?

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home