Friday, August 10, 2007

Polidicks and Swivek Picks Part One

Today, I got this email from actor Peter Paige:

An Urgent Message from Peter Paige:

I’m writing you because I just learned that the “reverend” from hell, Fred Phelps, is coming to town on Saturday to “conduct an outdoor religious service in fag-ridden Los Angeles.”

This is the same guy with the “God Hates Fags” website who protested the funeral of Matthew Shepard and shows up with “Thank God for AIDS” signs at the funerals of others. And now he’s coming to West Hollywood to spew his venom.

Let’s (literally) send Phelps a message, not by confronting him and giving him more publicity, but by turning his hate speech into something positive for our community.

He’s planning to be at the intersection of Santa Monica and San Vicente for 3 hours, starting at 1:30 on Saturday. I’d love for everyone who is as disgusted by him as I am to pledge at least $10 to the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center—more if you can—for every hour he is going to be here spouting hate.
The Center will earmark the money for its homeless youth services and after he leaves, I’m going to personally send Fred a message thanking him for helping us raise money to support LGBT youth. I’d love to tell him he helped us raise thousands!
Thanks for clicking here to make a donation and help me send him that message.

Best,

Peter


Okay, I'm not asking you guys to send money like Mr. Paige (though every little bit might help)but I thought I'd post this so everyone who stumbles across my blog, can see what kind of people are out there. This bastard is showing up in my neighborhood, yes my neighborhood - the corner of Santa Monica & San Vicente is where my bank is, it's a block from my local grocery store, it's three blocks from my house and what can you do about it?

If people protest (and believe me they will) it will just bring more publicity to this asshole's agenda. I've said it before and I'll continue to say just like God made me gay, he made others plain stupid and it's not really my place to interfere with God's plan, but something tells me he did NOT nor would NOT endorse such blatant hatred ... and by the way should you even remotely support this man's actions 1. you might as well cut me off your email and life list immediately cause I don't have time for you, and 2. he has vowed to protest at the funerals of the people who died in the Minneapolis bridge collapse! Why? Well because America has supported gay people and God has sent his wrath down on them by making the bridge collapse. Because after all America's politic powers are completely in support of gay rights and has always been there to make everyone feel equal to each other. And of course there are some people out there who think this whole being gay is nothing but a choice.

After all who wouldn't choose to grow up being harassed and made fun of, getting beat up or on the lookout for anyone who may try to beat you up just because they think it would be fun or even worse killed for the very same reason, oh and of course those equal rights including 1100 laws, privelages and benefits that married couples can have are all washed away because of this choice, and don't forget how this choice can make it so easy to be fired from your job or lose your house. Yes, I can't imagine why more people don't choose to be gay!

If anyone has any suggestions on how I, a little blonde boy from Wisconsin can do something about this I'd love it - personally I was planning on going to Malibu on Saturday but now I'm all worked up!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home