Tuesday, October 30, 2007

bubbaTUNESday

Well it was a hella fun weekend (more details later this week) and so I'm still kind of getting it all together to let you, all three of my readers know what's been going on in La La Land... but since it's Tunesday I thought I'd post a little about some music you should all be checking out...

First in one of the more strange things to find out, my gal Benatar has been singing the latest Jello jingle since this summer and I didn't even know it so check it out here
www.kraftfoods.com/jello/explore/channel/ where you can actually hear the song... I think she's gone koo koo but hey that girl has to keep up the maintenance on her Paradise abode in Hawaii...

One of the few things that kept me jumping from the Valley to Hollywood to downtown and back this weekend was a superb little show at the Key Club for Josie Cotton's CD Release party for the uber cool and kooky Invasion of the B-Girls, her long awaited album of cover songs from really bad movies. The set includes such classic theme songs as those from Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls and Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!. Unfortch, she wasn't able to do her concert stand out - John Waters' "Female Trouble" - it's a bit of a mystery to me why he won't let her record it as she did appear on his A Date with John Waters compilation and he writes the liner notes for B-Girls, but whatever is up his tuchus remains there so she left the song off the new CD, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the songs she did actually record... check it out and buy it damnit!


As for her performance on Sunday at the Key Club, let's just say the fringe was flying and the gold go go boots were go go-ing, and that's only what I was wearing! I keeed, it was actually Josie and her band of cool kids and go go dancers that had all of us pogoing like it was 1982, particularly when she opened her set with "School Is In" and even included (finally!) "He Could Be The One" which is about the time I almost passed out in sheer delight. I tell you, I never in my life thought I'd get to see Josie Cotton perform live and here it is my fourth show... Of course one of my new pals Marc got us on his guest list even though I had already purchased a couple tix, but hey Josie deserves my money I guess... And to top it all off, the Miss C did show up after show toting a hot new hunk a tattooed man as well... It was pure convertible music and a total night of B-eautiful music and magic and now tomorrow is Halloween! Wooh!



I am sure I will have some stories about that... Until then - head on over to Amazon and buy Josie's new CD - Buy the CD here!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home