Tuesday, October 09, 2007

BubbaTUNESday

It's that time of the week - the day to look at a few CDs I have been listening to. Luckily for you all, I survived a trip back to the Northwoods of Wisconsin and one of the first things I did was hit the Sunset Strip and head over to Rainbow Bar & Grill where we watched a real site to behold, the WeHo indie synthy pop goodness known as Shitting Glitter...

and thanks to the powers of the Glitter I got my little digits on a copy of their latest EP, the fun titled Sidesaddle which features such electro-y classics as "Slut Buffet" and "Mustache Ride 5c" - every single song on here is a little dose of fun and excitement, and I can't stop singing them out loud right along with Amy Crosby - the guitar crunchy riffs of Brandon Glen mesh with Devin Tait's synth programming, it's dancey, groovy and dirty - just the way I like it. Plus they're some of the coolest people I've met in LA - that's right, I know them, I've hung with them, that's how I roll here in La La Land...

Check out the video here -
Or buy the CD at http://cdbaby.com/cd/shittingglitter2 and the official website at http://www.shittingglitter.com/ and if you're in the We Ho area, the band seems to be getting a lot of gigs around - and if you get to see them live you get the added bonus of seeing the dancing styles of Angela Diamond, who I have dubbed the new Cyndi Lauper and Coco Ono who flexes and shakes with boobs and boots fully intact...

And then there's a little CD release by a gal I like to call Deborah Harry - that's right I said it, my girl has released her first CD in 14 years and I can't get enough. Truth be told, I had a bootleg copy a few months ago so I knew all the songs before today's release but come on, I had to have the artwork. Not to mention it's Debbie Harry so if she releases something you buy it, no questions asked, she does have to pay for dog food for her little Chi Chi...


So today comes Necessary Evil, a hybrid of all things Debbie - the poppy confections found in the single "Two Times Blue", the sentimental ballads like "If I Had You", the hardcore punkette found in "School For Scandal" and "Whiteout" - this is Debbie and Blondie in full force. Mostly produced by Super Buddah, with a few drops in by Chris Stein and Bill Ware, this CD has yet to be more than 2" away from the CD player at all times. If you haven't got it yet, get your ass up and out to the store ...

and did I mention I've also met the Queen known as Debbie - if you've forgotten here's a special musical treat for you:

That's right I'm whoring myself - run back over to Flexible Records and you can download the entire Swivek single "Debbie Doesn't" from 2004 -

or you can download the album version right here - listen to the horrors and humor as I tell the tale of how I met the idol of idols:

Swivek - Debbie Doesn't

and don't forget new Swivek music is coming at you next week! Get ready to get into the blue while I head back to the stereo.... til next time....

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Friday, October 12, 2007 at 9:44:00 AM PDT, Blogger Brandonbodt said...

yay! Thanks soooo much for the kind words, they mean a great deal.

It was so fun to meet you and to get to hang with you. Hopefully we'll get to do it again very soon.

Looking forward to hearing your new record,
Brandon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home