Friday, January 11, 2008

One of Kathy's Gays

One of the great things about living in La La Land is all the shows that you can go to.. Bigger stars will show up in the smallest of places, Courtney Love will throw surprise shows at the Knitting Factory while Beck will start playing at some random Silver Lake hole in the wall and Pink will jump on stage to sing a heavy metal song with a cover band, and if you wait long enough every single tour and show will eventually show up or start here in LA. But usually you have to move pretty damn fast once you find something you want to see, if you don't buy tickets the minute you hear about something chances are slim you'll get in to see them.

But for some reason, tonight was on our side - I'm on a million and one email alerts from every single entertainment place that interests me, including the LA Gay & Lesbian Center who put on shows a lot - we recently went to see Margaret Cho in her run through for her latest show, but I was a tad miffed when I was late getting tickets to see Coco Peru and even later to see Alec Mapa - who puts on a hilarious comedy show... but luckily a bigger D-Lister got our attention.

Only two days ago, I found out Kathy Griffin was playing the Kodak Theater and figured she was way sold out, as we here in LA I would think were her peeps. But the Leivas had an eye doctor appointment yesterday and ran over to the Kodak and got us tickets to tonight's show! I can't even believe it, and the tickets are actually really good seats. I can not even wait.

I always thought Ms. Griffs was a tad rough around the edges when her character was always so mean to Brooke Shield's Suddenly Susan, but I got over it quick enough and once I saw Kathy's stand up I thought she was frickin' hilarious as she tears a new one into just about any celebrity she knows... plus her TV show My Life On The D-List is a complete crack up... and Kathy does have a big following of gays and at every show asks the audience, "Okay where are my gays?" and tonight I get to yell back, "Over here you crazy bitch, it's me, Brad (and Alf) we're your gays tonight!"

Watch a hilarious little snippet of Kath raggin on one big homo who deserves it - Ryan Seacumface...

">

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home