Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The Hooch

I know I promised to write more and yet I have been lagging behind. Meanwhile the new Swivek album is shaping up to be something pretty damn good, I've been working and drinking and working and drinking to get the songs just right including completely rehauling "Fabulous" which I think is going to be the first single.

Oh and yes, I am back on the hooch - which all started last Thursday when my pal Tommy said he was in West Hollywood (he recently moved to... ugh I can barely say it without breaking into the sweats - Orange County) - anyway, he had a doctor's appointment and decided he couldn't get back to his world until he had a few drinks, so of course I had to meet him at Trunks since I did get off of work at 4.... and then the Leivas joined us ... and then we got home, I got on the hooch and the horn and called people all over the country - hey you Holly Quaderer - I miss ya!

Then the next day was the 4th of July and once my pals Geoffrey Ross, Brad (yes another Brad) and Shannon stopped over already a little tipsy from Hamburger Mary's - they invited us to their house for a little salt water pool party and impromptu barbeque - so of course I grabbed my swim suit, my Captain Morgan and my newly remastered Xanadu DVD (which we all watched and loved after soaking up the sun and the booze - and Brad was a gulp Xanadu virgin so he was very excited) and we headed to the (ugh! I can barely say it without breaking into the sweats) the Valley... Okay, to be fair the valley is a little cooler than Fullerton... a little. (Sorry S)

Then I quit drinking until Monday when I headed back to my makeshift recording studio to work on new tunes...

and that's why I haven't been blogging - I've been too drunk since I quit the hooch.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home