Monday, September 15, 2008

These Kicks Were Made For Walking

Whew! What a weekend - first I met up with some "older" friends if you will at Eleven on Friday night and let me just say, it seems I am still quite a hot ticket - for those jet setting desperate men in their late 50's to early 70's - oh yeah I still got it. I'm quite sure The Leivas was excited to realize his husband to be was still such a wanted little twink...

then on Saturday, the Leivas and I decided to keep our desirablity up and over where we are now, so we opted to start taking walks. West Hollywood has a bunch of mapped out walking routes that take you through the city. The one we chose is supposedly 10,000 steps or 5 miles. We took the walk, and explored our little city where I found the coolest frickin' apartment building ever. It's on Curson Avenue and it looks like an old English cottage with thatched roofs only it's apartments and there's about four of them and three stories high - I want to live there now. We're going to try and do the walk again tonight, and for the record after taking a few detours from the path, we ended up walking 11,850 steps. Oh yeah I already feel skinnier.

After our walk, I decided to finish up a song called "This Is A Town" that I've been working on since I started the new album back in February. Finally, I got the vocals the way I want them and now it's just mixing it up that's kind of a bitch. But then, I started on another song and it came so fast and furious it was awesome. So there is a new song on the album called "Rock Hard" that I started on Saturday.

Sunday came with a little brunch at Eleven (I think I spend too much time there) because 1. on Sundays they always had $9 all you can drink mimosas with brunch so of course being frugal I took advantage of that. Well on top of that, I noticed a big sign on Friday that said they were doing Sunday Golden Girls Brunch, which means they would have the frickin' brilliant GG show running while we momo's drank our mimosas. I couldn't wait to go, that is until I discovered they got rid of that damn all you can drink. Now they give you one free mimosa with your brunch order or a $15 carafe that probably holds about 4 drinks. Luckily Tommy and The Leivas ordered their free mimosas so I did get all three but that's the last time I'm going there for brunch, I'll mix my own mimosas and put Lifetime on at home.

Then my pals Devin, Mark, Amy, Prue & my new pal Matt came over to drink wine, eat pizza and watch "True Blood" on HBO - and after all those festivities were over; I finished, yes finished the "Rock Hard" song - and it's so cool. I also finally came up with a sequence list for the new album, so stay tuned for that...

and how was your weekend?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home