Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Few Of My Favorite Things

I know it's been awhile, but it's back - the Favorite Things posts - just like Oprah.

So here are a few of my favorite things:

TRUE BLOOD on HBO - This vampire series is based on a series of books by Charlaine Harris and I bought the first one Dead Until Dark a few years ago at the West Hollywood Book Fair and let me just tell you - I loved the characters name Sookie (who can read minds) but the book was not all that great. The story is cool, Sookie is a waitress in Louisiana who can mysteriously read minds, meanwhile vampires have come out of the closet thanks to a Japanese inventor who created TruBlood, a blood synthetic. Sookie falls for Bill, the vampire all amidst a series of random murders. But the book just didn't do it for me, in fact it is THE only book I ever started and not finished.

But the TV series produced and written by Allan Ball from Six Feet Under, is excellant. It was just nominated for two Golden Globes including Best TV series and Best Actress for Anna Paquin who plays Sookie. Though I almost think she's the weakest link in the show as the character of Tara played by Rutina Wesley totally rocks my world. Every Sunday we had TRUE BLOOD nights with a bunch of pals coming over, having dinner and watching the series. Now the season is over but you can catch up and watch them on HBO or online at http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/..Here's some of Tara's best moments from just the very first episode:


JON STEWART - I have always loved this guy and I have to admit I think he's really hawt.. there's just something about him, but anyhoos, the other night he had Mike Huckabee on his show, and Mike was promoting his book where he talks about how all people are important and the same... which is when Jon took him to task for not believing gay people are the same... here's the clip:




and finally CHRISTMAS TREES!!! I love, love Christmas trees and Christmas lights and Christmas carols, and hot cocoa in front of the lit tree and Christmas presents... and tonight the Leivas and I are making our annual pilgrimage to Home Depot to pick out our tree. I can't even wait! On a side note, my sister is married to a lumberjack and lives in the Northwoods of Wisconsin and has a FAKE Christmas tree! I don't get it.


So what are your favorite things this week?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home