Thursday, February 05, 2009

A Few Of My Favorite Things

This week has me reminiscing all about the late great eras gone by, and this brings us to this week's list of my favorite things.

I got a belated Christmas box from my second family this week and inside was one of my favorite things - my Mama Jean made me banana bread. I love her cooking and I love her banana bread.... and so does Leivas who has been having a piece of bread with his breakfast every morning.

Knee socks - these things were what every one wore in the 70's and early 80's and I can't help but loving the look of them with shorts. I am quite surprised I got through gym class without passing out if this look is so sexy to me... perhaps I'm just a tad touched but I can tell you I'm stopping at American Apparel and buying myself some.



and then there's little hilarious little website called http://www.cracked.com/ which runs down list after list of such great things as the commercials they don't want you to see, the 13 real life soldiers who make Rambo look like a pussy and the worst album covers of all time. It's great and addicting and once I go there, I'm looking through old list after list after list.

So those are my favorite things this week - what are some of yours?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 11:58:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bradley! I don't comment as often as I should because I love reading your blog. It's been ages: that was me who left the Martha Davis MP3 ages ago.

I jut discovered American Apparel, myself. And I had to chew out my friends for not telling me about the place. I want striped knee socks and shorts with white piping. It's jr. high gym class all over again, I'll just need a headband.

Other favorite things this week are my new Twitter, RuPaul's Drag Race, my favorite character coming back from the dead on Guiding Light, and goodies from fredflare.com.

 
At Monday, February 23, 2009 at 9:08:00 AM PST, Blogger swivek said...

the first time I saw american apparel was when I was walking down Hollywood Boulevard and they were showing the movie "Roller Boogie" in their windows. I immediately fell in love. I love RuPaul's drag race too. Tammy Brown was part of a Christmas show we went to last year. She was the special guest of my pals The Bouffant Sisters. There's a pic of us somewhere on this little blog. and I've yet to head over to Twitter but I may just have to do it.

 
At Wednesday, February 25, 2009 at 11:28:00 AM PST, Blogger Devin Tait said...

I love cracked.com and all their lists! Too funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home