Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What A Bunch Of Frickery

I wish I could go just one frickin' day without being reminded how gay people are second class citizens but alas that doesn't seem to be happening ....

so here's the latest in news nobody wants to hear...

1. I was pretty peeved to find out about Rick Warren doing the inauguration sermon and then good old Barack brought in the gay Episcopalian reverend to open up the pre-inauguration hooplah but when it was presented live on HBO, the sermon and the gays were cut. HBO said the Obama campaign people told them when to start airing and thus cut the only saving grace (to me) in Obama's so called pro gay stance. However, now they all say they are airing it in its entirety on HBO - but alas does it really matter now that it has already gone down? See I told you all it should've been Kucinich.

2. KABC in Los Angeles of all places refused to air an ad featuring a gay family during the inauguration yesterday - the group GetToKnowUsFirst.org presented an ad featuring an African American family raising 6 kids and despite numerous attempts to find out why the thing was deemed "controversial" KABC refused to take the ad revenue citing, "families will be watching." Apparently, that would be only families that don't have gay people in them. F******CK!!!! There's actually 3 different ads now and most stations did air them... I may have to stop watching ABC all together... Here's the controversial ad:


3. And finally, we all probably knew this was coming but in B.C. Canada Winston Blackmore has 20 wives and his defense is now going through the gay marriage book to prove why he can in fact have 20 wives. That's right, just like the right predicted the polygamists are now citing that because gays have the right to marry (in Canada anyway) then every Tom Dick & Joseph Smith has the right to marry as many wives as they want. Personally, it doesn't really affect me if polygamy is legal or not but still - why do we have to be the pre-cursor to all that goes wrong in the world.

4. and finally, a few weeks ago everyone got in a big hooplah because the Vatican wouldn't sign the UN's declaration that would making killing and imprisoning gay people a crime. Everyone was all up in arms because the Vatican was being so pissy and obviously discriminating, well guess who else has never signed it? That's right the good old US of A...

I am so ticked off I can't even believe it. I think I'm going to have to go drinking after work just to feel a little less victimized and a lot more intoxicated.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 21, 2009 at 5:52:00 PM PST, Blogger Amy - the gazelle said...

did you see Bishop Robinson on John Stewart last night? He's funny.

I can't believe KABC wouldn't air that commercial - I watched it, and not once did I feel that my marriage was threatened. I'll have to check with Brad to make sure, but I think we're still okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home