Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Few Of My Favorite Things

I always have so many favorite things kicking around in my head and this week isn't any different..


First of all, one of my all time favorite things is GREEN DAY. I have loved this band forever. Billy Joe is like a hero to me .. they had Pansy Division tour with them, they wrote and had a hit with a song about jerkin' off, they had a whole album now to be a musical based on their hatred for George W's America and now they have told Wal Mart to shove it when the big chain refused to sell their new album 21st Century Breakdown uncensored. It sucks as Wal Mart is now the biggest retail chain for carrying music but the band makes an excellant point saying the decision by Wal Fart will have negative effect on new artists trying to break out and not being able to say what they want... oh and the album still debuted at #1 anyway.

OLD TV SHOWS ON DVD part 1,069 - I know this comes up a lot on my favorites this but come on they are finally releasing some great ones. Four years after releasing the Charlie's Angels season 3 DVD set the Powers that Be are finally releasing season 4 next month. Sure the Shelley Hack season is a bust because of her, but the cover shot is one of my all time fav Angels shots and I'm sure she's not that horrible, plus Cheryl Ladd really takes over once 'Bri is gone and finally it means there's only one more to go - the brilliant season 5 with sassy pants red head Julie Rodgers played by Tanya Roberts.. believe me when that is announced it will make this list too.

and finally BIRTHDAYS! I love birthdays, I love the look on someone's face knowing that this is their special day and pretty much only their day - no one else's. But I really like MY BIRTHDAY as it is my special day - MINE, NO ONE ELSE'S - and it's the only holiday where I don't have to reciprocate by giving someone a return gift.... and did I mention tomorrow is my birthday???

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home