Thursday, August 20, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Who knew that on August 20th 2000 I would meet the man I would love for the next 9 years... yes, I know - me, a habitual dater in Idaho, a loser magnet in Wisconsin, and finally just when I was ready to slut it up in La La Land, I ended up meeting a great guy and haven't looked back or even completely regretted my decision in all this time..

As you can probably guess today is the 9th Anniversary of the Leivasons . Not the day we got married but more importantly, the day we met. I know you're all wondering how this all came about. How did a cute blonde boy from the Midwest end up with such a great guy...

Well it's my pleasure to tell you the whole story - here is a little story called "Love Needs No Name" which I wrote all about the day I met the Leivas - 9 years ago on a Sunday afternoon..

Get those hankees ready cuz it's kind of hot... kidding, I mean it's romantic.


LOVE NEEDS NO NAME

“I met him on a Sunday
and my heart stood still…”
The Crystals



Good things were destined to happen to me in Los Angeles. I had spent two years of penance in a small mountain town in Idaho and I was ready for the big world. All of my life I had wanted to move to LA and finally I was able to do it. I headed out on a bus and was going to stay with Bennie, who can best be described as a high maintenance friend. He had moved to the city from Idaho and due mostly to his horrible attitude was lonely. Being ever so loving as I am, I thought I’d help him out and move in with him. I knew the city would be the place for me. I was talented and cute and was only a step away from being a big time writer. It didn’t exactly work out that way but what did happen was much better. In the midst of circuit boys and drama queens, I found something more substantial than just a career or a good lay, I found someone to love...

TO READ THE REST CLICK HERE

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 11:06:00 AM PDT, Blogger Amy - the gazelle said...

that is a nice story! I'm glad you left out all the new-relationship angst that you were having when I met you. :)

happy anniversary. Are you still doing the big shin-dig next year? If so, I need to book it on my calendar RIGHT NOW!

I miss you bunches. You should come visit!

(PS - where is season 2?)

 
At Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 11:06:00 AM PDT, Blogger Amy - the gazelle said...

holy crap - we've known each other for 9 years, too!

 
At Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 12:00:00 PM PDT, Blogger swivek said...

I am pretty keen on doing the shindig but I've got to put some real thought into it. It is a pretty big deal and I want to do it. You'll be one of the first when I make the final decision...

Season 2 may just end up being a wrap up movie. I want to write other things too but i just love those characters too much to just give up.. plus my friend Susan needs to know what happened to those babies.

 
At Saturday, August 22, 2009 at 9:00:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad, I just googled Beth Svanda and your story showed up. I need to tell you that i believe you. And now the rest of the story. Beth moved out and works for DC everest school. She rented an apt with a phone hooked up to a answering machine so her momma wouldn't find out she had a life. She would check the machine but at the same time was living with her future husband. She didn't tell her mom she was engaged until about 2 months before the wedding cause momma is a control nut. Beth would never do anything to stress mama because mama grabs the chest and pulls a heart attack or close to it on her kids to keep them close and guilty feeling. When she is on your side she'll fight for you but when she's not watch out and NEVER say anything about her kids. Momma will get you. Oh, yeah beth has one girl baby.

 
At Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 12:09:00 PM PDT, Blogger swivek said...

Thanx for the update on Beth.. do you know her from school? Do you know me? Anyway, that is very interesting and I'm so glad someone finally believes me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home