Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rambles


I've lived in LA now for almost ten years and I have to say my life has never been better. Sure I have kind of a crap job but hey I get to walk to work, I get hang out on the 'net every now and then while I'm working and I actually make some money and what the heck everyone has to work and I think it's fairly rare people actually like their job...

But more importantly than what I do from 9-5 M-F is all the fun and excitement I have all of those other hours and days. I have accumulated some of the coolest people as friends, all with varying degrees of wit, wisdom and talent. Forever I've loved hanging out with people with musical interest and talent, or writers or even something so remotely strange as actually reading books and the newspaper.

A few weeks ago I made a new pal named K who is so cool and so much like me it's amazing we didn't meet sooner. Last night I took K out with me to Eleven where my friends from Shitting Glitter performed as part of a Benefit for AIDS Project LA. The show was great, the other acts were great, and my friends were great.

Between all the people I have met in LA and the great pals I've had for years before, and of course the life with Leivas, my pool, the endless supply of sunshine, Captain Morgan and fun - I just feel extremely lucky and happy and wanted to share with both of you - my beloved blog pals.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 1:53:00 PM PDT, Blogger Amy - the gazelle said...

glad you're still loving life in la. miss you bunches.

 
At Wednesday, August 26, 2009 at 2:00:00 PM PDT, Blogger swivek said...

I was at Fiesta on Sunday and every single time I'm there I think of you and miss Monday (Sometime Tuesday or Wednesday) Amy Cissell Happy Hour .. but I do love my LA.. did I ever tell you I wrote a song about leaving LA called Eternal Sunshine and there's a line there about vous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home