Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Tuesdays with the Leivas

I know it sounds like my life is full of endless partying and living loose but it's all glam and damn in my La La world, in fact most of my nights are spent having dinner with the hubby and watching endless TV shows.

Tuesday with the Leivas consisted of back to back Shotime shows, with "Nurse Jackie" and "The United States Of Tara" - which if you aren't watching you really should. "Nurse Jackie" is kind of a crap shoot with me, I love love some of the characters and practically loathe some of the others - Jackie's husband has turned into a jackass and her pharmacist boyfriend is crazy and dirty.. but her pal Dr. O'Hara kicks ass and I love her.

"The United States Of Tara" stars Toni Collette as a mother and wife with disassociate order and the last episode kicked ass culimating with her teenage gay son actually standing up and telling everyone what he thinks of them - he, it would appear, is the most normal of the bunch. But Toni Collette knocked it out of the ball park as usual.

Then it was a new episode of "Lost" which I won't spoil but let's just say I am PISSED! I cried and cried and then got pissed some more... only a few episodes left and it is good but boy did they make me sad and mad...

then a new "Glee" with special guest star Olivia Newton-John. Anyone who knows me knows I hold Miss ONJ in the highest regard but bitch should not mess with her face. She looks like she stepped out of Rodeo Drive with her new LA Face. It's not becoming at all. But at least she can still sing and she was pretty hilarious listing off all of her accomplishments. Plus her new version of "Physical" with Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) auto tuned beyond any possible recognition was still cool. Plus the "Run Joey Run" song and of course one of my all time favs "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" were cool. Too bad the storytelling is getting so horrid.. I am pretty close to givien up on it.

And that my friends was my Tuesday - what'd you do?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 1:13:00 PM PDT, Blogger Devin Tait said...

We got all of Nurse Jackie and United State of Tara on DVD this season before they aired! And yet somehow we are way behind on both (we haven't even opened Tara yet because we still haven't finished season 1).

 
At Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 9:16:00 AM PDT, Blogger swivek said...

United States Of Tara is really good this season, so you should hurry up and watch season 1 :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home