Monday, October 04, 2010

..and we're back

Okay I have decided to make it a point to write on this blog every Monday-Friday. I'm going to start a journal and repost on here, just so everyone knows what I'm up to every single day. It might be boring, or it might be fun, but either way one day when I've forgotten how much fun I was, I'll have all this info out there and I can sort through it while lounging in the home...

In the next few days I'll probably do some back tracking but for today, I'll just tell you about my weekend which was a complete riot. On Saturday Alf and I drove to Long Beach with our friend Dylan. We went to some brewery restaraunt right on the water for AJ's birthday. AJ lives in Fullterton with Amy of Shitting Glitter and I haven't seen them in months probably. Everytime AJ and Amy have a party or want to get together something else is always going on.. plus to be honest we hate driving to the OC... but it was a great day and AJ was pretty surprised to see everyone. The food was also very good and the Leivas realized the bar used to be some dive gay bar back in the 80s where you walked onto the beach to get into the place.. sounds pretty cool.

After brunch with the pals, Alf and I headed to Harbor City to visit my inlaws. I love hanging out with Clifford and Juanita and they love me! Of course the wine was a flowing and Juanita and I topped off a gigantic bottle of champagne.

I was in such a good mood and felt so appreciative of everything that when I got home I started calling everyone. I think with all these crazy gay teen suicides and just knowing my in laws love me and that my husband is such a good guy I was a little gushy. I called my pal Melsie who I've known since middle school and told her how when everyone picked on me during school she was always right there and is probably one of the reasons I never did anything foolish when I was ridiculed relentlessly.

Then I called my mom and told her how great she always was and then I texted my 19 year old nephew and told him how much we all loved him and how proud we were of him... then I stumbled back into my house and was in bed by 8:30pm on a Saturday night...

On Sunday, I wanted to chill and not to our crazed fests known as Brunch. So I was all set to just hang and nurse my hangover when I found out Tommy, Ryan and Brian were all headed up from the OC so I texted my pal Rob and told him brunch was back on. We ended up at Bite for a little food and then to Micky's for the endless rounds of drinks that accomanies Brunch with Bradle. Then my friends Brad & Geoff from the Valley texted and said they were headed into WeHo so they came out to Mickys.. then my pal Brent was walking by and ended up getting Marc (who I hadn't seen in weeks either) and they all joined us.

Finally everyone started headed home so Alf, Rob, gaybor Mike and I stopped at Trunks for one more drink before heading home. We had decided to hang out in the hot tub then we came home and I passed out from not drinking on Sunday...

Today the Leivas stayed home from work and I decided it was time to start blogging again....

thanks for listening and to all those Lisa Hartman requests I've been ignoring .. the link will be back up tomorrow...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Monday, October 4, 2010 at 5:10:00 PM PDT, Blogger Devin Tait said...

yay! I'm glad you blogged again, but I'm sad I didn't see you this weekend. I really do need to make it to a Sunday brunch soon!

 
At Tuesday, October 5, 2010 at 9:50:00 AM PDT, Blogger swivek said...

I know, it seems I never get to see you. I really wanted to make it to your show last night, I'm sure it was vavoom... I had a rough day and was in bed really early.. but I'm going to make it to a Devin Tait & The Traitors show fer sure

 

Post a Comment

<< Home