Thursday, June 03, 2010

Golden Girls Live On


I posted some Golden Girls quotes a few years ago and in light of the horrific news that Miss Rue McClanahan has passed on, I thought it was the perfect eulogy to revist some of these great lines:

Blanche: Mel and I were meant to be together.
Sophia: But your thighs weren't.
Blanche: I won't stand for this (she gets up and starts to walk out)
Sophia: Take it, Dorothy!
Dorothy: But I'll bet you'll lie down for it!

Blanche: I tried giving up sex.
Dorothy: I guess you fell off the wagon.
Sophia: And on to a naval base!

Dorothy to Blanche: "Oh back off, Blanche. Not everyone has been designated by the coast guard as a friendly port"

Sophia to Blanche: "Beat it, you fifty year old mattress!"

Blanche: "Now if you excuse me, I'm going to sink into a hot tub with just enough water to, barely cover my perky bussoms"
Sophia: "You're only going to sit in an inch of water?"

Blanche to Sophia: "Well what do you know? Sophia has a past!"
Sophia: "That's right, but unlike yours I didn't need pennicilin to get through it"

Blanche: I never had to pay a penny in backtaxes. I have a way with auditors. The last time I was audited I even got money back from the government.
Sophia: Blanche, it's not a refund when the auditor leaves two twenties on your nightstand.

Rose [about her boyfriend Miles]: He makes me feel foolish. I don't even feel comfortable telling him St. Olaf stories.
Dorothy: I want to know exactly what he said to make you feel that way.

Blanche: Mel makes me feel young and beautiful and special. When we're together we laugh a lot.
Sophia: Why wouldn't you, you're both naked.

Blanche: Oh Dorothy, I just talked to somebody back home, and they are doing the most horrible thing! They are tearing down the most important building in Blanche Devereaux's family history.
Dorothy: Oh my God, they're tearing down Mattress World.

Rose: Why are you both wearing black? Did you just get back from a funeral?
Dorothy: No Rose, we were singing back-up for Johnny Cash.

Blanche: I've never been so humiliated in my life.
Dorothy: What about the time you lost the key to your handcuffs and had to go with that guy on his mail route.

Rose: Can I ask a dumb question?
Dorothy: Like no one else.

BLANCHE: What was your first impression of me?
ROSE: I thought you wore too much makeup and were a slut. [beat] But I was wrong... you don't wear that much makeup.

BLANCHE: Southern girls develop faster than Northern girls. It must be the heat.
DOROTHY: No, I think it's the gin.

Blanche: Well, you know, I have been told I bear a striking resemblence to Miss Cheryl Ladd. Although my bosoms are perkier.
Dorothy: Not even if you were hanging upside-down from a trapeze!

Rude restaurant customer: "Aren't you going to tell me to have a nice day?"
Dorothy: "I don't care if you have a pulse, much less a nice day."

Blanche: If I wasn't such a lady I would deck you.
Dorothy: Try it and you'll be on your back so fast you'll think you're on a date.

Blanche: But I've been disrobing in front of Dr. Kagan for three years. Why would he ask you for a date when he's seen the Promised Land?
Dorothy: I don't know--too many squatters?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home