Tuesday, October 05, 2010

BubbaTUESday

It's been awhile since we've had a new Bubbatunes. I actually have 3 that I made but then lost all the artwork so until I get a new scanner or decide to re-work them all, there are three Juice Newton albums that may not get a blog post.. but I'm sure most of you won't mind too much. Today's BubbaTune comes all the way from 1978 when anyone who had a TV series or an inkling could get a record deal. I give you KRISTY & JIMMY McNICHOL.

bub142 Kirsty & Jimmy McNichol (October 5, 2010)
I'm not going to lie to you all this isn't a very good album. Kristy doesn't really have amazing chops and if you thought she was flat during "The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia" or "The Pirate Movie" this isn't going to make you any happier. Personally by the time she made those movies I thought she was pretty good. This is just basically a 'let's cash in while we can' type of album.

But some of the songs are pretty good. Mostly made up with one or the other McNichols singing lead there's a lot of old 60's songs including the Crystals actually singing back up on "My Boyfriend's Back". The Jimmy sung "Page By Page" is pretty good too but there's really no excuse for "Rock & Roll Is Here To Stay". And the last song "Hot Tunes" is really something everyone should hear...

But like anyone who came here looking for Kristy - if you're a fan, you're a fan. I have always loved her so this is something I had to have and now you can have it too!

bub142 Kristy & Jimmy McNichol
Tracks:
01. He's A Dancer
02. Page By Page
03. Girl You Really Got Me Goin'
04. My Boyfriends Back
05. Slow Dance
06. He's So Fine
07. Box On Wheels
08. Rock & Roll Is Here To Stay
09. Hot Tunes
Download Kristy & Jimmy McNichol





Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home