Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Going To A Go Go (s) Part Deux

Tonight the Go Go's are playing at the Greek Theatre in LA. This was where they played one of their first big shows back in 1981 and this is the celebration of the 30th anniversary of their debut album BEAUTY & THE BEAT and it happens to be Belinda's birthday; oh and I happen to be going to the show!

I've never been able to see the Go Go's before so I'm totally stoked. I bought tickets for their Farewell Tour last year but it was cancelled when Jane got hurt so this year I'm even more excited. Plus we got extra special tickets which come with the 30th anniversary remastered Beauty & The Beat CD plus the album on pink vinyl and a T shirt! But most importantly I get to hear them play as a band.

When I was a little MTV used to play videos and they did this thing called "World Premiere Video" when a big artist came out with a new video and I remember waiting all day long for the Go Go's world premiere video for Vacation. Let me share it with you now:


and for extra bonus here's an ultimately rare thing - a TV commercial for the Vacation album:


and stay tuned for my review tomorrow - or Going To A Go Go (s) Part 3

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home