Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Logo A Go go

I love my little gay channel Logo, and ever since it came into my life, I have been badgering them to pick up a little soap opera I call Carlton Heights but that's not the point of this little blurb; instead this is a kudos to Logo for actually finding me new music to listen to.

Ever since the channel began they would show videos in between their line up of movies and talk. I love finding new little hidden gems and with the vision of video, I know just what album and band to look for. Of course I will forgive Logo for making me look like a dumbass, since whenever I find one of these "new" bands I discover they've been around for five years and the videos Logo is showing is from at least a year ago. But none the less, what they have done is set me up with some killer tunes.

In the past I discovered the fun and oh so catchable, yet strangley psychotic vocals of The Ditty Bops, introduced to me by the bloodletting of the video for "Wishful Thinking" which found our two dittys trying to off one another in gruesome little ways. Also found on Logo was Brite Eyes and his ingenius acoustic sets including what has now become the theme song for the Leivas and I - "The First Day Of My Life." Of course both bands had been around forever but no one bothered telling me. Incidentally Brite Eyes is a one man outfit, think Magnetic Fields or Swivek!

Last night I was perusing through the upper regions of my cable channel when I came upon Logo's video show. To my genuine surprise I became hooked on a number of tracks. The new notables in last night's video arcade of happiness “I Like The Way” by the Bodyrockers, which ended up as a Diet Coke commercial which is probably why I find it so refreshing, but it was The Gossip that really grilled and thrilled me. The Gossip is a lo fi indie band led by a super sassy and very very very talented singer named Betty - I fell in love.

You can check out the videos at http://www.logoonline.com/ and see what all my fuss is about… for now, I think I’m off to Tower Records to see how much more in debt I can become.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home