Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Block Party Brou ha ha

Last night I went to my very first cul-de-sac block party, now before all you Knots Landing knuts get too excited, it wasn't really at Seaview Circle or anything and the "cul-de-sac" as they dubbed it is really just a place where they blocked off the road to through traffic but it was a block party none the less.

Every year the city of West Hollywood hosts "Night Out" a little block party that runs from 6-8 pm at the "cul-de-sac" above Trader Joe's. Seeing as how I wanted to take the Leivas out for dinner, we walked over to the block party which was full of our neighbors, their pets and their kids, barbeque was a cooking, burgers flipping, Jamba juice flowing and music was playing.

It may not have been Ciji Dunne up there but a new discovery to me was this Euro dance duo called Glycerin. I first laid eyes upon singer Anna Song as she danced to the trip beats of the DJ only to discover this fabulous vision in elevated black boots and thigh high net stockings was the singer to the band. You absolutely have to check them out (Patrick!) at glycerinmusic.com where you can download for FREE all their music.

If only I had my autoharp with me I couldn't ran up on stage and performed "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" like Lilimae did with Ciji all those years ago. Oh well, there's always next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home