Thursday, July 27, 2006

Just Another Manic Day

Well, I'm a little tired this morning having spent last night at the last Amy Cissell Happy Hour - as my beloved Miss Cissell is running off to Portland to start a Northwest kind of life. For five years, we've been hanging out in West Hollywood drinking, laughing, talking about our writing. Amy and I joined this November writing challenge last year where you were supposed to write 1oo some pages of your novel in a month, Amy did it and went on to finish her first novel while I opted to go back to Carlton Heights, and now I won't have her to drink with anymore....

But there's one more visit coming up as the Leivas and I are going to Amy's apartment on Sunday to help her and her BRAD move out of LA and go to the great green way...

but on top of having a fabulous night with Amy and Brad, I also received my Christmas box from Lisa Glassford; that's right apparently Christmas comes very late to Spencer, Wisconsin and it takes a while to get your gifts. But she bought me three Billy Joel CD's I asked for, as I really wanted to own them but figured I'd never actually buy them for myself and alas I don't have to - and of course look out for Billy to show up on the Random CD list sometime soon. She also bought the Leivas a really cool camo green (eggplant according to the label) dress shirt - we love the Leivas in dress clothes.

In other news, while I soak my head in cold water just for effect, I have finally found some lyrics that work with a new song I'm working on. As promised Patrick from Orange Television wrote me some music and I was having some probs with lyrics but I believe the song is going to manifest itself tonight - working title "Need" - a sex song, but would you really expect anything less from me?

And tonight it's the elimination night of So You Think You Can Dance? As always, my Leivas and I will sit down and watch yesterday's show and then today's elimination, it's getting so sad when these dreams are shattered and now we're down to 8 dancers which means they are all really good, but I have a feeling Benji is going to win the thing - everyone loves that little HoMo but I have a good feeling for some others including Benji's old dance partner Donyelle, who can do anything - and Benji's cousin Heidi does anything those people throw at her including this heartbreaking little contemporary dance she did last week with Spike. It had both Nygel the judge and Alfred the Leivas in tears - but alas some must go - last week Legs and sexy Russian Dimitri got the boot but don't feel bad for Dimitri can surely make a living ripping open his shirt and Legs is only 19 years old so she's far from washed up...

and this past week brought a special little treat to the world of Bradley as my cousin Timmy and his girlfriend Erin were in town. They drove from Wisconsin and were staying in Santa Monica so on Saturday, Alf and I took them out to dinner at my favorite Micelli's in Hollywood and then we walked around Hollywood Boulevard and ended up at the Frolic Room, this crazy itty bitty little Hollywood bar - then had a few more drinks at our house - it was a fleeting visit but fun none the less.

and in the most important news of the day - today a very special woman was born, a woman who gave you the Bradley - that's right it's My Momma's Birthday - Happy Birthday Mom!

Alright, I'm off to find something really greasy and grimy to munch on and perhaps the taste of Corona and cheap Tequila Margarittas will leave me, but the longing for endless Cissell Happy Hours will never go away....

1 Comments:

At Saturday, August 12, 2006 at 8:06:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home