Thursday, August 17, 2006

Way To Go HoMo

Well just like I predicted Benji, the HoMo (homosexaul mormon for those who are new) won the top spot as America's favorite dancer on last night's finale of So You Think You Can Dance? - it was a damn good show which had me dancing, curled up in a ball crying and the like - you know just like a really good episode of Knots Landing - well actually even a bad episode of Ellen has the same effect; but I digress.

The show brought back all 20 of the top 20 dancers and the judges would pick routines they wanted to see while the top 4 - Donyelle (my girl!), Heidi, Travis "Spike" and Benji picked their favorite routines and they were all great - Heidi chose a contemporary routine she and Spike had done to a very subdued Celine Dion tune "Calling You" where they used a bench and a bunch of flowers as props - it's a very great routine that leaves everyone teary eyed - my gal Donyelle chose to dance with her old pal Benji to their Broadway high energy fest routine to "Can't Stop The Beat" from the Broadway Hairspray Soundtrack; and they got all 20 dancers to do my very favorite group dance which is this insane and fun Night Of The Living Dead routine to Roisin Murphy's "Ramalama" (which if anyone has an mp3 of this song I will love your 4evah! I don't want to pay the $18 an import CD will set me back)...

Donyelle got a little emotional when she was informed she wasn't the favorite dancer but only because (as she told us all and put a tear in all of our eyes) that she had given up dancing but at the beginning of this year she asked the big G upstairs for some direction in life, she took the audition and "I'm still here so I've come too far to stop now" which prompted even pushy pushy Mia, the choreography to tears ... and my ultimate fav Mary Murphy, the ballroom choreography got her last loud scream in, and I was so happy! ... By the end of the show, they kept teasing us with who was the winner, it of course ended up between Benji and Spike (who by the way has pix posted on the web of him in slutty drag and high heels - I love it!) I had to endure the awful new song "Get Up" by some chick I can't remember and the absolutely horrendous "London Bridge" single by Fergie - I can't believe this song is so popular.. Ugh! It's just too typical and nothing new (kind of like that Fuckerlake dude and his call to SexyBack) but before I digress too much, I hope all my fav dancers fare well, and I can't wait to spot the back drops of the next few years of video for these guys and gals I love so.... and so there you have my very last little post about the dancers - I'm off to cut the rug... literally, there's a snag in there.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, August 17, 2006 at 4:18:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - so much happening. you went to Wal-Mart...and returned! You bought grown-up furniture and survived. New car stereo....(and I'm every so sorry about the idiots who did not choose Carlton Heights as a finalist...they suck).

I miss you dreadfully. I really want nachos and beer right now, and I can't have any.

I will call you soon.

Love & kisses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home