Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Gimme A Break

Gimme A Break, I sure deserve it; it's time I made it to the top
Gimme A Break, I'm looking forward, look behind me pull out all the stops
I want a happy ending, I'm tired of pretending
won't let them get the best of me
Gimme A Break - the game is survival
Gimme A Break - and plan my arrival
Gimme A Break for Heaven's sake
what happened to my piece of the cake?
Gimme A Break, ah Gimme a break

As I ponder those immortal words of Nell Carter, the ever exciting yet sadly demised matron of the series Gimme A Break! I realize I too wonder what happened to my piece of the cake? Was I just never intended for all the great and glorious things I thought I'd have? Or did Nell just eat my piece of the cake? Or perhaps I ate my own piece of cake, after all like Nell, I too am heading to the portly side of life.

But before you all think I've suddenly slipped to the Leivas side of pessimism, I am not giving up on any of my big dreams. I will have it all, I will have that piece of cake if I have to grab it out of someone's hand!

In the works is the latest Swivek album Darkness + Light, coming ever so closer to being unleashed upon the world (September), and now Flexible Records has announced a new single to lead off the album - it looks like we're debating over the title cut and a jaunty garage rock attitude song "You're Not The One" with the added bonus of a new remix by Orange Television for the song "Pissed" which will appear on the album - not to brag or anything but I really think you will all see this is the best work I've done...

in other news, my drinkenest gal Amy has landed in Portland - long gone are the days of Margarittas at the Cantina, but never fear I will always have Amy in my life, whether she likes it or not...

also I'm quite concerned about Tori Spelling and her mother. It seems the little Spelling just can't catch a break - first she's told via email that her father is dead, then she gets a measely $800,000 in the will and now a planned tribute she was making has been scrapped because Miss Candy won't let Tori use any of Aaron's tv show clips. Something is aghast at the manse isn't it?

but I'm sure Tori will recover after all by my calculations if one makes $30,000 a year and works for say 28 years, they will have the money Tori earned just by her genes, now if Tori continues working and adding to her money, she should be fine. I, on the other hand am having trouble scraping the cash together to buy that Crystal Gayle compilation I want from Amazon - but alas, my time will come.

I'm off to spend a little time with the Kanisky family and their pal Nell Harper...

2 Comments:

At Friday, August 11, 2006 at 12:05:00 AM PDT, Blogger OrangeTV said...

I just loved So NoTorious and it seems to have disappeared after just a few episodes. Did they cancel it when Aaron corked off? Get over it already, VH1, bring back our girl!

 
At Friday, August 11, 2006 at 10:23:00 AM PDT, Blogger swivek said...

I know, there were a only like 7 or 8 shows taped and then they were airing on Logo but now they're all gone... I want a second season. Now the girl needs the money, so come on..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home