Friday, December 08, 2006

It's Lovely Weather...

What a freakin' week I've had; for some reason the season is kicking my mistletoed booty and on Tuesday I even had what can only be a stress induced stomach cramp; I'm sure it wasn't the Captain & Cokes I used to wash down my allergy pills.. Regardless of it all, I'm still going to keep my Christmas spirits (and Captain Morgan spirits). Today I sent out three huge boxes two to the Northwoods of Wisconsin and one to the mountainous North Idaho range, but there's two more packages to go out sometime next week; plus I haven't even started shopping for the Leivas. Can you believe it?

To keep my mood up I've been drinking the egg nog and singing along with some Christmas mixes I've made. And to make me feel even better I found these crazy pictures of what winter looks like in other places than California. It all makes me so happy I could pull out my snow boots and jacket and head to the mountains for a Smoky Mountain Christmas... or something like that.

Until I complete my Christmas songs collection and am able to make a bubbatunes that includes such luminaries of the season as Bette Midler (she has a new XMas album out), Carly Simon's Christmas, and what I have read is one of the best all time Christmas CD's - the new one by Twisted Sister (!!??) I am singing along to the following:

CD one:
01. All I Want For Christmas - Mariah Carey (the only Mariah song I like)
02. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - The Pretenders (my fav Xmas song and one of the best performances of it)
03. A Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives
04. Little Drummer Boy - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts (the best version of this ever!)
05. Blue Christmas - Elvis Presley
06. Feliz Navidad - Jose Feliciano
07. Do You Hear What I Hear? - Whitney Houston
08. Hard Candy Christmas - Dolly Parton
09. Mele Kalikimaka - Bing Crosby
10. Homo Christmas - Pansy Division
11. I'll Be Home For Christmas - Dean Martin
12. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - John Mellencamp
13. Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee
14. Winter Wonderland - Aesp
15. It's Beginning To Look A lot Like Christmas - Johnny Mathis
16. Please Come Home For Christmas - Pat Benatar
17. White Christmas - Bing Crosby (the essential XMas song)
18. Santa Baby - Madonna
19. Silent Night - Stevie Nicks featuring Robbie Nevil (my fav version of this one)
20. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Pointer Sisters
21. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) - Nat King Cole (maybe this is the essential XMas song)
22. Sleigh Ride - Debbie Gibson (for those not prone to panic attacks - this is one crazy version)
23. Silver Bells - Tanya Tucker (I want TT to make a whole XMas CD)
24. It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year - Perry Como
25. Christmas Rapping - The Waitresses

and the second CD:
01. Christmas Time Is Here - Charlie Brown Christmas
02. I Believe In Santa Claus - Dolly & Kenny (Dolly Parton is pretty much Christmas to me)
03. Fairytale Of New York - Kirsty MacColl & The Pogues (awesome!)
04. Hark The Herald Angels Sing - Andy Williams
05. Chistmas Is The Time To Say I Love You - Billy Squier
06. What Child Is This? - Tanya Tucker (ooh this one is sooo gooood!)
07. Father Christmas - The Kinks (harsh and hilarious)
08. Frosty The Snowman - The Chipmunks (its the only version I could find and that damn special makes me cry to this day!)
09. Feels Like Christmas - Cyndi Lauper (if Dolly is Christmas then Cyndi is one of her elves)
10. Deck The Halls - The Mormon Tabernacle Choir (they are strange zealots but boy can they sing)
11. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer - Burl Ives (I can't help but like the man who starred in all of the specials plus 'the bermuda depths')
12. Happy XMas (War Is Over) - John Lennon
13. We Wish You A Merry Christmas - The Muppets (i love me the muppets and this is hilarious as they sing 'bring us some figgy pudding' Miss Piggy hears 'piggy pudding?' and I laugh out loud every time)
14. Hating You For Christmas - Everclear (even more harsh than #3)
15. Linus & Lucy - Vince Gioldi (the essential opening music for Charlie Brown's Christmas - which I'm not a fan of but the music gets me)
16. Here Comes Santa Claus - Elvis Presley (I love this version)
17. The First Noel - Natalie Cole (she goes a tad overboard but it's the only version I have)
18. Jingle Bells Techno Version (I'm not even kidding)
19. Winter Wonderland - Eurythmics (I know but this is a good version too)
20. Christmas In America - Pat Benatar (only cuz it's Pat otherwise not too great of a song - sorry girlie)
21. We Three Kings - Vienna Boys Choir (even better than the Mormans are the Catholics when it comes to singing religion)
22. Sleigh Ride - Harry Connick Jr (a less panicy version)
23. O Christmas Tree - Miles Davis (Instrumental but how I would love to find a copy of a sung version as I sing O Teinenbaum every single time I decorate a Christmas tree)

so there's my list so far, if you all have XMas songs I need or should have, by all means send them to me - this is the season for sharing you greedy bastages.

Til next week when things calm down again and I actually drag the ornaments out of the closet I think I'm off to play with a couple of sistahs..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home