Monday, November 19, 2007

Bars, Cars And Guitars

I had a great weekend, first off my pal Luther and I hit up Palm's on Friday. It's supposedly a big old Lesbian bar but on Friday and a few Fridays a month it becomes Dirty Sheets when a friend DJ Rawbert starts spinning mash ups and I start drinking Captain and cokes. The boys of Shitting Glitter were there along with Marc - all my new pals that I love so much. It was a really good time though I have to admit I was a bit of a slow starter and it wasn't until the super kick of the C&C hit me that I really started getting into it. It was a little slow in the bar but I think once people hear about it, it could be quite a super night. Meanwhile, DJ Rawburt also does Blender at the Faultline and though I haven't been yet, I hear it's a big old good time so I'll keep you all updated as I know you're just itching to hear if I end up in wet underwear.

On Saturday, the Leivas pulled me out from under my hangover as the elder Leivas' made their way to our house. They made the trek from Harbor City to bring us this burnt orange 70's chair and ottoman that we just couldn't live without. We're trying to figure out how to get the chair and this crazy ass lamp in the living room to match up. If you've ever seen my lamp you'd know what I mean by crazy ass, I think I'll have to take a picture tonight to show you all how retro I can really be.

After we got the chair, we headed to Peterson Auto Museum which is actually a place I love. I have always been into old cars and they have some cool ones there, but on this particular weekend they had even better cars as it was an exhibit of Low Riders. It was so cool plus I got to learn even more about Chicano culture and this time I was actually with the Leivas' who I was happy to help educate on their historyOn Sunday, the best of the best came about as I headed to Guitar Center to buy what I call "the precious" - a USB Record Player. Needless, to say once I had my little Nokura I didn't leave the bedroom. The guy at Guitar Center was super fun and nice and we chatted about how cool this thing was as we both have such extensive record collections. I left out the fact that my collection consisted of lost Lisa Hartman, Cheryl Ladd and Tanya Tucker albums, but hey it's still just as extensive as his.
And now that I have my precious you can bet there are some Bubbatunes re-release albums coming out, so hold onto your wigs and keys kids. And since we are talking about Bubbatunes, I invite you now to our second post (coming in a bit) 7 DAYS OF BUBBATUNES, as I have been making some compilations that I haven't talked about yet. We are going to countdown to next Tuesday when I present our 100th Bubbatunes and it's an exciting one so get ready!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home