Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Few Of My Favorite Things

And here we are once again to talk about me, so here like a Julie Andrews song here are a few of my favorite things this week -

Frickin' Jose Ole Breakfast Burritos - The Leivas told me he bought some breakfast burritos and he knows how I love me a stuffed burrito in the morning, and unlike some other burritos I've bought in the past (back when I would buy my groceries at the 711) these are really good. Of course it's not making my waistline shrink but who gives a whoop - it's a fricking breakfast burrito.


ABC Family puts on some of the strangest shows known to my TV and this one rocks - The Middle Man has dialogue that comes at you fast and snarky, the lead character is a who gives a rip type of gal who ends up working with the Middle Man, at a company where they fight off evil, it's based on a comic book series and it is incredible. Wendy Watson and her home co-horts are just as funny as the main Middle Man (he was in Psycho Beach Party!) with her pal Noser always reciting lines from lyrics:
Noser: I'm thinking of a place
Wendy: Is it a place no one dares to go?
Noser: Yes it is
Wendy: Noser, is the place Xanadu?

And actually they had me hooked before that ever came on - watch it, it's pretty hilarious.

Donna Summer's masterpiece, if you will - Bad Girls, I've been waiting to get my mitts on this remastered double disc set and I'm so glad I did. First of all, I could look at the redone artwork for hours on end, and then there's the music - three huge hit singles "Hot Stuff", "Bad Girls" and "Dim All The Lights" plus all the album tracks which just keep piling up how great Donna S really is - the uber cool ballad "On My Honour" (simply stunning), the electro classics "Our Love" & "Sunset People", super cool disco/rock hybrids and a few more ballads. I love it.

What are some of your favs this week? I know you have them and you shouldn't be embarassed if you listen to Donna Summer while eating your burrito and watching sitcoms - you have a friend in me.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home