Thursday, March 05, 2009

In This Life

Ugh! For the last two frickin' weeks I've been sick and it doesn't seem to be getting better. So finally I went to the doctor who told me I just had a lingering cold. He gave me some Cough Syrup with yummy yummy Kodine in it and some nasal spray. But it's driving me nuts. In fact I think this just might be the end. I'm going to be having a dry cough for the rest of my days and everyday is going to be the same, I'll get up spray my nose, go to work, come home take my Kodine fall asleep on the sofa, wake up and eat dinner, watch TV and go to bed. Yes, living la vida loca is what I'm all about.


Meanwhile, today the Supreme Court of California is hearing the arguments on Prop 8. Hopefully when it's all said and done, I will still be married and all gay people will be able to get married in California as well. Of course the only real way it's all going to be equal is when the Federal government realizes that DOMA is bullshit and should be revoked. It feels so nice to fill out a joint tax form for state and have to file differently for the Federal government because my marriage isn't recognized as legal.


You can watch the proceedings on the net and on TV - I found this link to watch what's going on but I'm sure there are others.


and I have to mention that Lynda Carter - Wonder Woman if you're nasty - is back to performing and singing. Anyone my age who loved the woman will remember she had a ton of TV specials in the late 70's and early 80's where she sang and she even recorded an album in 1978. Well now she has a new album of standards coming out and she's performing in LA the next three days at the Catalina Jazz Club. I haven't bought tickets yet because of my friggin' cough. As it's such a small venue and she'll probably be performing with only a piano accompienment, I'm afraid my cough is going to ruin her whole set. We'll see how this illness goes (though I seriously think I have that Stephen King The Stand flu)... but for all you here in La La Land well enough to go - here's a link.



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home