Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Such a Pansy

Whew! This weekend was one hoot after another, and you all know how much I love my hoots.

On Friday, I accidentally stumbled into two bottles of wine and made periodic phone calls to people and then on Saturday, the Leivas and I hit Big 5 Sports so we could buy some little water shoes for our big trip to the Mexi Riviera next month, and then my pal Marc and I headed up to Book Soup where Jon Giloni from Pansy Division was going to read from his autobiographry and do a couple of songs...


that's right Pansy Division has a bunch of new items coming out - first there's the autobiography which from what Jon read and what I've read so far is awesome - any of us who are a little off kilter from the big gay scene as in the club thumping and E taking will enjoy this jaunt about another one of us who had more in common with the Ramones than Judy Garland and Beyonce.

Then next week comes a video directed by Chris Freeman all about the band and gasp! A brand new album called That's So Gay.

Because Marc rox we got to hang a bit with both Chris and Jon as Marc is old pals with Chris. It was super cool and the new songs are super cool including my new all time fav track "Pat Me On The Ass". Luckily for us there were advances of the vid and the CD so I'm in the know kiddies...

then Saturday night was the new monthly get together by Shitting Glitter HOT PURSUIT that included not only SG but Slowmo Erotic, a super fun little band, Alaska Thunderfuck in all her glory and an a crazy band called That's What She Said which was a complete riot. I have to say it's so cool to have pals that are so talented and doing what they love....
For the new Pansy Division here are the links - buy them! buy them!

THAT'S SO GAY pre-order CD

Pansy Division: Life In A Gay Rock Band DVD pre-order

Deflowered: My Life In Pansy Division by Jon Giloni - book available now!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home