Monday, October 11, 2010

Another Whirlwind

Well it was another fantabulous weekend - it was our wedding anniversary on Saturday but the Leivas and I started it out on Friday. After work I stopped at this little shop on Santa Monica and "Big" Mike, the waiter from Micky's came running out and clapping for "the best looking man in WeHo" - that's right it's me and I have a fan club.

I went to the store to find something for Alf for our anniversary. I didn't want to do anything major because we buy stuff for each other all the time. But I found a cute card and then I found a T-shirt that said, "Trophy Husband" on it and as much as I wanted it for myself, I thought it was about time the Leivas got a little support. So I bought him that.

When we got home we decided to go out for a little bit. We went to Gym Sportsbar down the street for Happy Hour and ordered food from Hunger - this cute and good little restaraunt across the courtyard from the bar. They deliver the food over so we can drink and eat. We ran into our neighbors Val & Noelle and talked to them for awhile before heading over to Micky's.

A few weeks ago, my friend Rob and I were at Micky's and this older couple started talking to us. The one is originally from Malta and the other one has lived in WeHo for years. They have been together for over 20 years and travel all over. On Friday, the Leivas and I ended up running into them again so we talked and hung out with them. They are actually meeting us tonight at Eleven - as it's the Leivas' birthday today and he wanted to have dinner at Eleven and hang out for this Musical Night they have. So that was all fun and tonight should be fun.

On our actual anniversary, we woke up and exchanged gifts. He actually loved his T-shirt and he bought me cologne - both my Black and Reaction - I love both of them. Then we hung out all day and all night - he was a little hung over from the night before. I had really wanted to go to Palms and see Devin perform and support Robert and Blender, but it was our anniversary and it wasn't really what we had planned on doing... so next time I will for sure go to anything they invite me to.

On Sunday, Tommy & Ryan came up with some cupcakes for Alf's birthday. Gaybor Mike also came over and Robby had his 3-year old nephew Robert and also brought these 2 fantabulous ladies from Norway that Robby knew when he stayed in Brazil. We all had brunch and even took little Robert over to Micky's to show him off. The whole big plan was to give the kid a pool day so we all went back to the house and had watermelon juice and champagne (not the kid mind you) and hung out at the pool... it was so fun. I love the pool and am glad that in the middle of October we still had some heat in the air.

After that my friend Geoffrey Ross was going to be at Hamburger Mary's where they have Celebrity Bingo - Sharon Osbourne was supposed to be there to call numbers and then Geoff was auctioning off some of his artwork, so the Leivas and I went over there, but it was friggin' busy (and they have horrible service to begin with) and Sharon didn't show up cuz someone in her staff died (!) so we only stayed a bit and then came home... and now I'm at work while the Leivas still has two more days off..

so that was my weekend - how was yours...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at 1:36:00 PM PDT, Blogger Devin Tait said...

We both had our anniversaries that weekend! Glad yours was good too. We went to the rotating restaurant in the Westin Bonaventure hotel downtown, it was really fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home