Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Purple for It Gets Better

In the past few weeks at least 5 teenagers have committed suicide because of bullying. The bullying that took place was only because the kids were perceived to be gay. This makes me so sick to my stomach, particularly because I was bullied in the same way. These kids were so miserable they couldn't go to school and couldn't go on living. It's so sad and sick and wrong. Because of this Dan Savage started It Gets Better, videos of adult gays and lesbians telling kids that their life will get better. Also, a number of people started a facebook group to tell everyone that today October 6th should be a day of rememberance and for that to wear purple. So today I wear purple and I am going to do one of these videos..

here's a link to the You Tube - It Gets Better Page.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home